Untrustworthy

Abby's POV

I snorted.

Parker kept on screaming, his voice high pitched like a woman. I kept my hands to my ears, trying to block his loud voice.

"Man, that's loud" Dave complained, his eyes narrowed at the screaming Parker. I chuckled softly, earning a side ways glance from Dave.

Charles groaned, walking to Parker and shaking him furiously. "Shut the fuck up Parker!"

Parker stopped, his eyes still wide as he glanced at Dave. "Aren't you guys scared? I mean no one can survive a bomb explos- "

My eyes narrowed, glaring at Parker as Charles elbowed him on the stomach. I was panicking, sweat visible on my forehead. Does Dave remember what happened three years ago?

Dave furrowed his brows, staring at us with curious eyes. "What?"

Charles cursed silently, his gaze averted to the side as he tried to avoid Dave's hard gaze.

Dave turned to Parker, his eyes a blaze as he asked loudly. "What were you about to say?"

Parker glanced at Charles, who was glaring at him when Dave wouldn't notice. He clutched his stomach, remembering the painful hit that Charles has given him.

Then his eyes landed on me, like he was waiting for my permission. I slowly shook my head, pleading him not to say anything through my stare.

Parker awkwardly laughed, his voice shook as he spoke. "I just remembered a part from a movie I watched before, really good acting. The main character got caught in a bomb and miraculously he lived afterwards, and I must've mistaken you for him because you both look alike"

Dave's stare was scrutinizing, his eyes were intently on Parker. He wasn't moving, and Parker held his stare awkwardly.

I cleared my throat, stealing all their attention. "I have the document you wanted me to re type Dave. I'm sure you came by here because you need that right?"

He blinked, focusing his attention to me instead of Parker. He seemed to be lost in thought as he looked at me, his stare felt like he'd seen my very soul. I always felt this spark when he stared at me like that, his dark eyes staring intently at my blue ones as it set my soul on fire.

"Yeah, sure" He breathed, his chest rising heavily like he lost his breath. I took the flash drive from my desk, careful not to let the small object slip from my hand. I handed it to him, smiling warmly as I felt his hand against my skin.

Parker glanced at me, a confused look on his face as he looked at the both of us.

"You're working here again?"

I bit my lip, my hands shaking before I spoke. "Yes, I thought you already knew?"

He shook his head, clearly disagreeing with me. " Can we talk for a minute? Outside?"

I nodded, guilt slowly fading away from my fluttering stomach. He was finally getting answers, the truth from me. I can already imagine the look on his face when I tell him everything.

He took me by the arm, tugging me gently and tilting his head to the door. I awkwardly glanced at Dave and Charles, both nodding in response.

I was pulled by Parker, blurring my vision as I blinked. He closed the door behind him, pacing back and forth as I stared at him silently.

" Start with how you found him? Most importantly how he's still alive" He glared at me, eyes narrowed in confusion and anger. I parted my lips to speak, only to be interrupted by Parkers sudden voice.