Chapter 18 - Distance

Anna's POV

I was thinking about this morning. Eros looked offended. I regretted it. I loved him, but I was confused. I did not know how to act.

I grabbed my phone. I decided to call him.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. Maybe it was him.

I stood up, excited and walked towards the door. I opened the door. George was standing in front of me. My smile vanished.

"Good evening, Ms. Henderson." He said with an apologetic look.

"Good evening, George." I greeted him. I couldn't hide my disappointment in my voice.

He extended me an envelope. "Mr. Taptiklis sent it."

I took the envelope, giving him a slight smile. "Thank you, George." He nodded and walked away.

I closed the door and opened the envelope.

'I am going to Rhodes for a week. It will be good for both of us. The news about us will stop too.

I talked to my father. Do not worry about them, I told them it was a lie.

If you need something, call George.

Eros.'

Damn! What I have done!

I felt dizzy. I placed my hand on the table for support. I couldn't hold my tears anymore.

Five months later.

I sat up in my bed, rubbing my eyes. Then I placed my hand on my belly and rubbed my stomach.

"Good morning, my little boy."

I was nine months pregnant. My due date was close.

After returning from Rhodes, Eros was distant towards me. He had been talking to me coldly. But he always came with me to my every doctor appointment.

Uncle Loukas and Aunt Helena were so caring towards my baby and me. They offered me to stay in their house, but I did not accept.

Since that day, Eros hadn't stayed at the hotel, but he ordered George to help me and keep his eyes on me.

I tried to talk to Eros, but he did not listen to me. But I was not going to give up. I loved him.

I got up and went to take a shower.

After taking a shower, my mother called me. The relationship between my father and me was the same.

I put on my clothes. I looked at myself in the mirror and took my bag. I went to the holding.

Eros did not want me to work, but I did not listen to him. We had a fight about it as well, but after that, he did not say anything anymore.

I had a meeting today. The hotels were about ready. I went into the conference room. Eros was here. We started the meeting.

There was a little problem at the hotel in Rhodes. Eros and I had to go there.

"No! I am not letting you." Eros snapped at me, after others had gone as the meeting ended.

"I have to go. I am the interior designer of this hotel. I can solve this problem. But for that, I need to go." I stated.

He stood up and placed his hands into his pockets.

"You are pregnant. Your due date is close. I will not let you. It is not up for discussion." He said angrily.

"I can decide what I want to do. I have two weeks before giving birth. It is early. And I am going. The end." I snapped at him.

He sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"It is our baby. I know you regret it, but I am his father. And my son's health comes first before everything else, including that damn hotel." He looked at me dolefully.

I closed my eyes shut, breathing deeply.

A few seconds later, I reopened my eyes and looked at him. My gaze softened. I walked towards him and held his hand. I placed his hand on my stomach.

"Eros, I do not regret it. I am happy that you are the father of my baby. Our baby. And I love you so much. If I need to say it a billion times, I will say it. Please, forgive me. I love you. And do not worry. It will take only one or two days." I said gently.

His eyes softened, but he did not say anything, rubbing my belly. He nodded.

The following morning, Eros and I went to the marina. He talked to the doctor; she said that I could go by yacht.

We arrived at the marina. Eros helped me to get out of the car. He placed his hand on my back as we walked towards his yacht.

Eros got on the yacht and extended his hand towards me. I held his hand and got on the yacht.

I was watching the crystal blue water of the sea when Eros walked towards me.

"Are you fine?" He asked, concerned.

He had asked me this question a few times since we got on the yacht.

"I am fine. Do not worry." I replied, giving him a reassuring smile.

He sat down beside me, placing his hand on my stomach.

Suddenly, our baby kicked.

"He kicked." He exclaimed, excited, leaning his head against my stomach. I smiled.

He placed a soft kiss on my stomach while he was rubbing my belly. He lifted his head up and looked into my eyes. There were a few inches between our lips.

A few seconds later, he took his eyes off me. He cleared his throat.

"Umm...I am going to drink some juice. Would you like to drink something?" He asked as he stood up.

"...No...thanks." I murmured.

He nodded and walked away.

After dinner, I went to the cabin. I had been getting tired quickly the last month. And my back arched when I stood so long.

The cabin had decorated the calming mix of beige, white and dark wood. It was so beautiful.

I lay down on the bed. I fell asleep as soon as I closed my eyes. I felt so tired.

When I opened my eyes, the sun was shining through the window. There was a blanket over me. The cabin smelled Eros's fragrance. My favourite smell.

Did he sleep here?

I sat up on the bed, pulling the blanket away. Maybe he was in the bathroom. I called him, but he did not answer. He was not here. I was disappointed.

I leaned over and smelled the pillow next to mine. It smelled like him. He was here. I smiled widely. I was so happy.

When I wanted to get up, I felt a sharp pain in my belly.

"Ah!" I screamed, placing my hand on my stomach.