Carmen: I

OKAY CAN I JUST SAY REALLY QUICK THAT THIS CHAPTER IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE AND I CANNOT PICK JUST ONE FAVORITE QUOTE SO I'LL BE SPLITTING IT IN MANY PARTS

Dakota brought a gentle hand up to my face, frowning at my cheek. "I think you banged your face or something." 

I tapped my fingers to my left cheek, finding moisture at my fingertips. I recalled banging my face on the water fountain when they hit me the first time. "I have some alcohol slips and Band-Aids in my locker."

I gave him a strange look. "Why do you have alcohol slips and Band-Aids in your locker?"

"I eat them for lunch of course-- what else would I need them for?" he snapped sarcastically. "I have them for moments like these. Why else would I have them?"

"No need to be a grumpy cat," I murmured, following after him. "Besides, I didn't ask for your help back there. I had Carmen on the ground and would've gotten to her friend if you hadn't broken up the fight."

"That wasn't a fight. That was an ambush." He rectified, proving that he had been watching us a lot longer than I thought he did. He probably saw the whole thing. "Also, Rosemary isn't much of a fighter."

"She was acting really aggressive and intimidating, you sure she doesn't fight?"

"Her name is Rosemary. Please don't tell me you're afraid of a girl named after a fucking herb."