Chapter 8: "I'm gonna ruin this small moment we're having."

It's Tuesday but I've had a lot of stress on me lately especially now that we're supposed to get hit directly by Hurricane Irma this weekend so I figured I'd update since your guys' comments really make me happy. Plus I know you guys will love this chapter 😉

Dean looked up to Bobby who nodded, snatching the whiskey from his grasp and taking over. "Just two more bad ones and then the rest are little scratches. Then we can stitch you up," Dean told her. She nodded and opened her eyes, her chest heaving quickly as she stared up at Dean through tear-filled eyes. He sent her a small reassuring smile before Bobby poured the alcohol on her forearm. Cassandra's muffled scream wasn't as loud, but Dean knew that to angels and demons, Bobby's house was probably glowing like a Christmas tree with a bright red arrow flashing down towards Cassandra.

"One more. You got this, girl," Bobby said. He went to lift up the hem of her shirt but stopped, noticing that it was torn to shreds from all of the glass. The older Hunter looked up to Dean for permission to just rip it off but Dean just shook his head. Bobby knew that he would've had a reason for making something harder so he nodded, lifting it up only as much as he needed to.

   Bobby caught sight of some of the scars and made out the last two letters before pouring the whiskey in the wound. Cassandra's scream turned into a muffled sob and she shook her head, her grip on Dean's hand turning his white. "Done. We're done. I'll give you a breather before we stitch you up." Cassandra nodded and pulled the belt from her mouth, panting as she tossed it to the side.

Dean grabbed a washcloth and dabbed at the smaller wounds that kept bleeding, applying pressure until they slowed enough for him to move on to the next.

"That wasn't so bad, right?" he asked with a chuckle. Cassandra scowled up at him.

"I would punch you if it wouldn't hurt so much," she sneered. Dean rolled his eyes playfully, pulling the cloth away from the wounds. He grabbed the whiskey and handed it to her. She turned her nose at it.

"Trust me, Cassy, you're gonna need it for the stitching." She sighed and slowly looked back to the bottle, taking it from his grasp. Reluctantly, Cassandra brought the half-empty bottle to her lips and took long gulps, ignoring the burning sensation as it poured down her throat. She pulled the bottle away and sighed, wiping the back of her mouth and handing it to Dean.

"Here," she croaked out. He nodded and set it back on the coffee table.

"I know you won't like this, but I gotta take off your shirt to stitch you up. The fabric will get in the way and just infect it again. You may be a Nephilim but I'm sure infections still hurt like a bitch," he explained. Cassandra's gaze drifted down to her stomach and she nodded, letting Dean help her pull the jacket from her shoulders. Bobby walked back in the room with scissors and handed them to Dean since the blonde couldn't lift her arms.

"Need any help?" Bobby questioned. Dean shook his head.

"Nah, I got this." Bobby nodded and retreated from the room, leaving the Hunter and the Nephilim on the floor. Cassandra tensed once Dean started to cut off the shirt, tossing it to the side. "Good thing you didn't go braless today," he joked. Cassandra managed a weak smile and chuckled but quickly stopped, groaning.

"Please don't make me laugh."

"Sorry." She nodded and turned as best as she could to lean against the table to give Dean room to stitch her up. "So where did you plan on going?" Dean asked, attempting to make conversation as he sterilized the needle.

"I was thinking New York. Transfer colleges. Hell, I even thought of going back to Tennessee and begging my professor to let me take the exam because my mom died. Guilt trips usually work." Dean chuckled and shook his head, handing the bottle of whiskey to Cassandra. She got the message and took a long gulp. Whatever was coming was about to hurt like a bitch.