09

THE LAST PART
OF RINKO & JEONGGUK'S STORY
—the beginning of the end.

"Will I see you again?" Jeongguk asks.

Rinko only smiles at the boy, but she doesn't say anything more. No response. Nothing at all. Just uncertainty because in the end—if you expect too much—you'll only end up with a broken heart.

And Rinko doesn't plan on breaking another heart. Especially Jeongguk's. But maybe it's too late to say things now because just as he lets go of the almost-empty luggage that belongs to her, Rinko suddenly wants things to change. To end up in a future where Jeongguk has a permanent place in her heart.

This is the moment in their ending scene where they exchange glances for the last time. Rinko staring right into Jeongguk's brown eyes almost as if searching for the red lights to stop herself from leaving, but nothing at all. Just sad eyes yearning for complete utter chaos in the formation of love.

"I'll miss you." But I don't know if I'll be back.

When the sun sets, it'll remind you of us and what we could've been. But it'll also remind you of the time we didn't have enough of. The eternity that God never planned for us because we were just two souls yearning for so called love and fortunately, we stumbled upon one another thinking it was fate that attached our heart strings. I have a feeling it's not. And it might never be. As biased as I may sound, I don't believe in the signs people look for whenever searching for a lover to potentionally marry. I believe that it isn't about the will to find someone to love you, but the amount of love you already have for yourself. I don't know if I love you yet, Jeongguk. But maybe when the sun sets, I'll realize if I do.

— things Rinko almost said as Jeongguk bid goodbye. (it was too late)

THE END.

love will find its way
and it will find you,
but sometimes—
some things are just
not meant to be