Neighbour

[Chapter 2]
[Unedited]

(Y/N) P.O.V

Stepping out from my last class, I look around the void hall. Yes, I get out pretty late since I stayed to finish works that given by Mrs. Rin, my homeroom teacher. I take a glance at my watch, and it says '3.45' p.m.

I sigh. Guess Kyou has to get home late today too, just like the other days and days after. I have to pick him up after school, though he should be at home early since he's in kindergarten. That means he has to wait for me for hours to get home. I close the door of my class and rush to my locker.

~

I run to the kindergarten. I notice Kyou's teacher and quickly apologize, "Sorry, I have to pick him up pretty late, thank you for giving him an extra care..". She shakes her head, "It's fine, miss. His behavior is excellent. He's in the playground, someone's taking care of him actually, instead of me," She smiles and I nod.

I walk to the playground and see Kyou, a little girl around his age and, a guy probably around my age. Since they are facing their back on me, I can't even tell who they are. Before I can even call Kyou, he notices me, "Sis (Y/N)! Look, look, this brother is kind! He let me play with him and his sister!". I smile, walk up to him, still focusing on his bright smile. I pat his head and is about to thank the guy but I freeze.

"Azu-something?!" He furrows, "What's with that Azu-something name, it's Azusa, (Y/N), Azusa Murami," He chuckles. "A 'jerk' would be nice," I roll my eyes as he laughs, "Because you were late to your class?" He smiles. "You were late too," I say, "Nope, I was helping my homeroom teacher. Therefore, I wasn't considered as late, because I arrived at school, 7 a.m, on. Time."

Irritated, I ignore the jerk and look at the little girl, "So you're Kyou's friend?" I lift up a warm smile as she nods, "Yes! We are friends! My name is Miya!".

I pat their head, "Thank you for being his friend, dear. But I'm afraid we have to go now, it's pretty late.." She shakes her head, "It's okay, (Y/N) nee-chan! I'm going home with Azu-nii too!".

As we bid goodbyes, we're actually walking in the same direction, "You live around here?" He asks, "Yes, you too?" I ask as he nods. As the view of my house is clear Kyou yells happily but it is synched with Miya, "We're arrived!" We're all exchange looks. "Where is your house?" I ask as he points to the house beside mine.

Oh great, we're neighbours. I show mine and we oddly laugh. "Oh well I heard about someone's moving in but never thought it's actually you," He says as I chuckle, "Well, now you know.".

Narrator P.O.V

You slip out the key and unlock your front gate until he stops you, "Do you.. Perhaps recognize me?". You tilt your head, observing the man before you. "Have we met?" You ask, as he sighs, "Nevermind, I was just asking since you look familiar." You nod your head and enter the house with Kyou, leaving the man who stares at you. You shrug it off, thinking that maybe he looks at your house.

Azusa stares at the young lady, his eyes following her steps until she reaches her main door and out of his sight. He clenches his fists. How dare she forgets him. How dare she left him years ago. "I'll make you remember me then. I won't break my promise to you.. And neither you."

He lowers his head only to find Miya stares at him with her innocent eyes. "Nii-chan.. You love (Y/N)-nee?" She asks while blinking her eyes. He smiles as he pats her head, "And what if I do?"
She smiles brightly, "Then I'll do anything to help Nii-chan!". He chuckles, "You sure? Anything?" the little girl nods.

He smirks.