Unexpected Incident

[Chapter 3]

"NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN" Kyou yells from his bedroom, making you flinched while you're arranging stuff from boxes. "WHAT?!" You yell back as you close the box and place it in the store room. "WHERE'S MY 'DINNER'S READY, KYOUCHAN~' HUH?"

Your P.O.V

THiS BrAt- "Can you wait for another 30 minutes? I have to buy some ingredients from grocery store," I quickly run to my room, grabbing my jacket and tie my hair up. Kyou peeks, "Nee-chan, are you sure you have enough money? if you use the money tonight, can we survive until the end of this month?
     "Of course, I'll find a job tomorrow, probably gonna apply a job at convenient store," I pat his head, "You're still young and childish to even worry about our financial, just leave it to this sister of yours, okay?" Kyou nods, gesturing he's understands, "But neechan, aren't you tired after arranging those stuff, Kyou can go buy if neechan give Kyou the lists." I flick his forehead, "Are you stupid? I can't let lil kid like you wandering around at night. Jeez," I make my way to the front door and slip on my shoes, "Lock the door, ignore strangers, okay?". Kyou nods. 

As I'm about about to open the door, bell rings. Kyou ran towards me, "Who is it?" I shrug. I unlock the door and open it to see-

"A-Azusa?"

I lower my head to see his little sister, Miya, waving at me, "Good evening, (y/n) neechan! We're here to eat dinner with neechan and Kyou-chan."

'Oh no.'

I let out a small laugh, "I-I'm actually about to go buy some ingredients-" Azusa interrupts, "Cool! Let's go together, I'll cook for you and don't worry, charges on me." Mentally, my jaw drops, "I-It's okay, you don't have to, I'll pay and I'll cook, I don't want to-" Again, I'm  interrupted, only by my own lil brother, "Neeechan, I think you should accept Azu-nii's offer, so that we can survive until the end of this month," He says, happily. This. Brat. "He's right, we're neighbours afterall, let me treat you for tonight's dinner," Azusa smiles, "Shall we?"

I slightly sigh, "If you insist, then," I step out from my apartment as Miya walks in. "You guys, make sure you lock the door, no contact with strangers until we're back, okay?" I say, warning them since they're still kids. Bringing them out would be dangerous too, ya know, it's hard to control kids when they're outside. 

☙♥❧

Narrative P.O.V.

You and Azusa walk out from the grocery store with hands full of plastic bags. "Well, this is quite a lot for tonight's dinner," You chuckles lightly as he laughs, "Indeed, it's fine, keep the leftovers." You smile and mutter a small, "Thanks."

You both begin walking along and he suddenly stops. He holds your hand, pulling you to the big tree that has a bench placed under it. He gestures you to sit on the bench, "Rest here for awhile, I wanna get us some ice cream." Without any refusing-stuff, you nod as you sit on the bench, it's been so long since you have an ice cream. As Azusa gone to buy ice creams, you put the grocer bags beside you and breath in some fresh air. That place was so beautiful, breathing the night air really makes your head feels at ease.  Of course, it's night time, less people wandering around here. Though silence makes the moment feels so calming. You let out a satisfying sigh, it's probably your most lucky day- or not.