Meet The 100

It took me a few minutes to realize this was actually happening. I pinched myself a few times but gave up once I noticed this wasn't a dream. There was a nuclear war almost one hundred years ago that caused many people to die. Ever since that day humans have been living in a spaceship called The Ark. The worst part about living on the Ark is that no matter how small the crime you committed was you either get arrested or executed for it. My parents were both floated but since I'm still seventeen I was only arrested. As I was in the small cell all I did was dream about the day humans return to earth. I always wondered how it felt to see the sun and feel the wind. Today two guards opened my door while I was laying on my bed. I knew something was wrong. Was it time for me to get floated? No, that's impossible. I don't turn eighteen for another three months. When they took me to a dropship that's when I finally understood what was happening. For the first time in 97 years humans were being sent down to earth and I was one of them.

My seatbelt was tightly wrapped around me. Chancellor Jaha explained to us that he was giving us a second chance at life but I look at it more as a suicide mission. Who's smart idea was it to send one hundred juvenile delinquents to earth? My guess would be Vice Chancellor Kane since he's the idiot who decided to execute my parents. I was so nervous about going to earth I didn't even realize the dropship was floating in space. I looked outside the window and was amazed with all the beauty out in space. I put my hand on the glass window as I was admiring the stars that were so bright. Then I saw the one thing I've been dreaming about my whole life. Earth. In a few minutes I was going to be in earth which I found hard to believe. I looked around the dropship and saw how confused everyone looked. No one knew why we were being sent down to earth besides me. The only reason why I went to prison and why my parents got executed was because we knew a secret that would make everyone on the Ark go crazy.

I looked away from the window and looked at everyone in the dropship. Everywhere I looked I only saw unfamiliar faces. There was this one idiot that didn't have his seatbelt on and was floating in the air. Then I saw this other guy who I recognized. I think his name was Monty Green. His family makes all the pharmaceuticals. I remember seeing him a long time ago on the Ark. Monty was talking to this guy who was wearing goggles but I didn't know his name. Then I turned and saw this extremely attractive boy starting at me. He caught my eye because he was the only one who wasn't wearing a bracelet around his arm that shows the Ark if someone is alive or dead. His eyes are as dark as moonlight. His thick dark hair covers up most his forehead. I tried to look away from him by looking outside the window again. That's when I realized we were entering earths atmosphere. The dropship was starting to move faster and I was able to feel the heat. Everyone started to scream besides me and the boy who was staring at me.

"Everyone calm down!" I yelled but there was no point. Everyone continued to scream which didn't make things any better. I closed my eyes and thought about all the things that made me happy. My first thought was my best friend Wells. He was the Chancellors son but he was nothing like his dad. Wells always made the right choice and it sucked knowing I was going to be in earth without him. Then I thought about all the fun times I had with my parents. I heard a loud sound which erased the image of my parents in my head. The dropship stopped moving and that's when I realized we were finally here. I moved my blonde hair away from my eyes and saw three bodies on the ground. I unbuckled my seatbelt and ran toward each of them. I checked for a pulse but didn't find any. All three of them were dead. We were down to 97 people already. I moved away from their bodies and went toward the door. I touched the red button on the side which unlocked the door. Slowly I opened the door.

I took my first few steps on earth. I was happy because I always wanted to see how earth looked like but I was also scared. The only reason why we didn't go to earth a long time ago was because they were scared that the radiation would kill all of us. Everybody was running out the door like wild animals and didn't even stop for one second to think about how dangerous this is. I was sick of worrying so I decided to relax myself by looking at all the beautiful things on earth. The grass was long and there were trees everywhere. I tried to look for animals but didn't find any. The Chancellor told us he sent down a few other dropships that had food, water, medicine, and a lot of supplies we might need. I turned around as soon as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I couldn't believe it. Wells was here.

"Wells?" I said as I wrapped my arms around him. It felt so good to hug him again. "Why are you here?" I asked.

"I came for you." He said with a smile. "It took me a lot of begging but my dad finally agreed to let me come with you guys." I was surprised that his father allowed him to go on this dangerous mission. I wanted to talk to him about all the things I missed while I was in jail but I got distracted when I saw the stupid guy who decided it was smart idea to unbuckle his seatbelt on the dropship.

"Do you know that guys name?" I asked as I pointed at the spacewalker.

"That's Finn Collins. Why do you want to know?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. He's lucky to even be alive after what happened to the three people that died during the crash. All of a sudden I heard two people arguing. I turned around and saw the attractive boy that was staring at me while I was in the dropship arguing with another girl. Oh great, that's probably his girlfriend I thought to myself. She has blue eyes and black hair. She was way prettier than me. I walked away from Wells and moved closer to the boy and girl. I felt rude to just leave Wells like that but I really wanted to hear what they were talking about.

"I want you to stay away from him." The boy said.

"Can you just leave me alone?"

"No! That guys a criminal!" He yelled.

"We're all criminals!" She said back. He looked away from her and was staring at me. Oh fuck I thought to myself. I can't believe I got caught eavesdropping. I thought he was going to be mad at me but instead he smiled at me. I wanted to run away but when I saw him moving closer to me I realized it was too late.

"Hey," He said to me. "Since your parents used to be surgeons and you trained to be one can you please look at her arm? She can't move it."

"Wait, how did you know that?"

"I know everything." He winked.

"Fine I'll look at your girlfriends arm if you tell me why you don't have a bracelet on like the rest of us." I said. They both started laughing which made me confused

"She's not my girlfriend...she's my sister. And about the bracelet...umm...the less you know the better." He smirked. The only word I picked up from what he said was sister. There was no way that was possible. On the Ark no one has a sister or brother. The parents get executed if they have a second child and the child would go to jail. The Ark can't support a lot of life so they try to keep the population as low as possible. I remember there was a rumor about a mother that hid her daughter for sixteen years. Once they found her they executed their mother and the girl went to jail. I never believed in that rumor until now. I was talking to Octavia and Bellamy Blake. The only siblings on the Ark. Octavia moved closer to me and showed me her arm. Her arm was covered with blood.

"I think she sprained her wrist." I finally said.

"Can you do anything about it?" Bellamy asked.

"Not much. I still don't have all the medical supplies." I replied. I took off my sweater and wrapped it around her arm to stop the bleeding.

"Hey can you do a favor for me?" He asked.

"Sure."

"Can you please watch my sister for a few minutes? I have to go somewhere."

"Umm...ok?" I said, with confusion. As he was walking away he turned around and looked at me.

"Thank you Clarke Griffin." Bellamy yelled.

"How do you know my name?" I asked but it was already too late. He was gone.