Ch. 7

I barely slept last night. I kept on thinking about what Jaxon said. I didn't know if he was serious or not. I was already fooled once by him, it's easy to be fooled twice by Jaxon Parker. I'm not sure if being friends with him will help me. My heart couldn't take being just in the friend zone. It could possible take over and make me do something stupid.

I don't know. I really don't know. Day by day, Jaxon Parker becomes more and more confusing. He always makes me feel all confused and flustered.

Nope! Stop! Stop thinking about him Harley. He has been in your mind the whole night. It's time to stop. Just get dressed and ready for school. With that thought, I picked out my clothes and got ready for school. I was running late, so I took my breakfast with me and rushed to the bus.

As I got near my locker, I was suddenly attacked in a hug. Alarmed, I stood frozen. Lennon and Emma's face pop up in my vision making me snap out of my shocked trance. Can you blame me? Nobody has hugged me in nearly 2 years. Nobody has surprised hug me in 3 years. I didn't have any super close friends. Wouldn't you be surprised?

"Hey guys" I say

"Dude! First things first, give us your number." Lennon says

I nod my head in confusion. We all exchange numbers and they began talking again.

"Where were you yesterday?! We were so worried!!! We didn't see you the whole day" Lennon exclaimed

"We thought something happened to you." Emma said after him

I'm shocked once again. They were worried? About me? They actually cared about my absence...Immediately, my day brightens. Someone actually cares about me!

"I'm fine. I just got sick yesterday." I reassure them

"Well the next time you're planning on ditching us, text us please." Emma says

I smile widely at them.

"I will."

.
.
.

Lunch came around and the three of us walked to our spot under the apple tree. I couldn't stop smiling as they talked about how boring it was without me and how much they missed me. I felt like I finally had friends. I finally had people to care for me.

"Ughhh the cafeteria food tastes terrible." Lennon groans

"That's why you should pack your own food Len" I say

"Len?" He raises his eyesbrows at me

"Lennon is too damn long" I shrug

"Well it's better than Lenny" He glares at Emma. Emma giggles at this. I full out laugh at the nickname.

"I change my mind. I'm calling you Lenny from now on." I laugh

"Nooooooo" He says dramatically, making Emma and I laugh at him.

"What do you have Harley?" Emma asks

"Raspberry Meringue Sandwiches with Whipped Dark Chocolate Ganache Filling" I say as I pull out the container.

"That's a long name" Lennon chuckles

"Can I try?" Emma asks

"Sure!" I hand one to her and Lennon

In the middle of their moaning and praise, three pairs of footsteps and one voice call out to me.

"HARLEY!!!!" Reece yells from a far

I sigh and pack up my things. Lennon and Emma look at me with very confused looks.

"I'll explain later." I say

"HELLO HARLEY" Reece yells in my ear. I flinch at his loudness. My poor sensitive ears

"Oh my god. Must you yell? That hurts." I scoot away from him.

"Sorry" He smiles sheepishly

"Why are you guys here?" I ask

"We came to see you swee-Harley" Jaxon corrects himself. He didn't call me sweetheart...for some reason this pains me.

"Why?"

"Cause we can" He simply says

"Okay...well uhm Emma, Lennon this is Jaxon, Kaden, and Reece. They're the bad boys of the school. Boys these are my friends Emma  and Lennon. They're the new students." I introduce them to each other

"Ouch Harley. Aren't we your friends too?" Reece says

"Bad boys? We're not bad boys." Jaxon pouts . I raise my eyebrow at them and smirk. Kaden sees this and slaps the other two in the head.

"What?" Emma asks. They all look at me with pleading eyes.

"Nothing" I chuckle

"Okayy. Harleyyyyy may I please have some more of your delicious pastry?" Lennon smiles sweetly at me. I laugh and poke his stomach

"It's all in here" I say

"What else can you make Harley?" Emma asks in wonder

"I can make anything if it involves food or drinks." I say

"Cook?"

"Yup"

"Bake?"

"Yup"

"Juices?"

"Yes"

"Shakes?"

"Yup"

"Alcohol?" Jaxon asks this. He stares at me waiting for my answer. I chuckle and nod my head.

"That too." I say

"We'll be the judge of that" Reece says with Kaden nodding next to him.

"How bout all of you come to my house this Friday night and I'll make you the best dinner you will ever have." I offer

I'm met with loud cheers of agreement. They start to talk to each other about the food. Lennon and Reece talk about my cooking while Kaden and Emma quietly listen beside them. I feel Jaxon poke my side.

"Hey" He whispers in my ear

"Hi" I whisper back

"Come with me after school?"

"Why?"

"Please."

"Fine."

It sucks how even after everything he did, I would still say yes to him. I can't help it. No matter how hard I try, I just can't stop my heart from loving him. I can't stop it, but I can hide it. A relationship between us will never happen, but maybe a friendship can. That's why I'll bury these feelings. I can't ruin the only kind of relationship I'll ever be able to have with him.

//////////////