Ch. 34

After I got better, J said that it was time to head home. He was needed in his job immediately, so we had to leave. He woke me up at 2AM so that we could be home early. Judy was awake also to see us off.

The entire ride was quiet. J looked stressed and upset. He didn't look like he wanted to talk, so I decided to sleep the entire time. I only woke up to eat breakfast. When we got to my apartment and I got all my stuff down from the car, he sped off so fast as if he was from the fast and the furious.

I wasn't able to talk to him the rest of the vacation. I hung out mostly with Chris and the girls. Chris flipped when he saw my silver hair. The girls loved it too. I tried to get my mind off of J the rest of the vacation. I kept myself busy with other friends, but I couldn't help myself. At the end of the day, my thoughts always end up with him in mind.

.
.
.

There was school today. Vacation was over and I still haven't heard or seen anything from J. I was trying not to worry too much...emphasis on trying.

A normal girl would put on their best back to school outfit. They'd put on something to show how much they've changed over the time we didn't see each other. I ,on the other hand, don't care. I put on a black V-neck and denim shorts. I threw on a light pink hoodie with the words "Take Chances" on the front and "Now or Never" in the back. I slipped on my black vans, and I was good to go.

I got on my bike and headed to hell. As I pulled up in the school parking lot, my head starts singing.

Guess who's back
Back again
School is back
Kill yourself

I stayed at the parking lot just looking at the school. I swear it felt as if it was mocking me. It felt as if it smirking down at me. It was laughing at my despair. I glared at the evil building in front of me. I can practically hear it's evil laugh. It sounded a lot like...

"Look at the weirdo! She's just standing there and staring at the building like a freak"

Hannah. I knew I felt an evil presence near me. I turned around and saw Hannah and her minons in the arms of J and the guys. I groan as I see them. What a great way to come back to school.

I turned around and walked into school, ignoring the little group. I headed to my locker and placed my books inside. Mali and Emma suddenly rush to me and tackle me in a hug.

"Hey Harley!!!" They exclaim

"How can you be so cheery?!" I look at them in shock

"Why aren't we allowed to be cheery?" Mali says

"We're back in school, and it's a monday" I say

"So?" Emma says

"Oh...I get it. You're excited to see your crush" I smirk at them. They both blush, making me laugh.

"I should've known." I laughed

"Change of topic!!" Mali says

"Okay! New topic that I may or may not have forgotten to tell you." Emma says. She looked really nervous.

"What is it?" I ask

"So...I may or may not have forgiven Lennon, and we may or may not be friends again." She says. Mali and I look at her with eyes as wide as saucers.

"What?!" We screech

"Please don't be mad!! I know you guys don't like him for hurting me, but we've made up! I think that I have to forgive him at some point. He's been my best friend since forever, and I realize that I can't let him go over something so pathetic. It's not worth throwing years of friendship." She says. I smile at Emma and hug her.