Chapter 7

Remi was falling for Alexander's act of being interested in me, and was more than happy about it, even though I didn't understand that at all. It really showed when she took me to my new room, as all she was doing was smiling and talking about how happy she is that Alex and I are getting along.

I guess that maybe she was happy that the girl she picked for Alex turned out to be the best match for him, over Lorenzo and Alice's choices.

'Best match' - notice the inverted commas there.

The other two girls were on the same floor as me, and one of them has invaded my room as we speak, at one AM. I had only just fallen asleep before she woke me up.

"Bianca, what are you doing here?" I mumble, making out her blonde hair in the dimmed room from the light in the corridor. Apparently I didn't lock the door, either that or she can hack the system somehow.

"I tried looking for Alexander's room," She states confidently. "But I can't find it." Her tone changes, as she adds.

"Seriously? Just go to sleep, you'll probably see him tomorrow." I try to keep my patience, even though her presence here was irritating me.

As I say that, I have to blink hard a few times to adjust my sight to the lighting, and confirm that what I'm seeing is not my eyes playing tricks on me.

"What on earth are you wearing?" I then can't help but ask.

I understood what sexy sleepwear was - I wore it myself - but this... This wasn't sleepwear, this was literally lingerie. Sleep in what you like, even naked if you wish, but she wasn't planning on sleeping and that was the problem. She wanted to see the Alpha.

"What? It's the same thing you are wearing right now." She shrugs, innocently. The silk dress with lace trims that was on me was far from her bralette and something you can't even call shorts.

Giving up, I sigh, laying back down on the mattress.

"Kiara, I need help finding his room!"

"Tomorrow." My head was already resting on my pillow, and my body was rolled to one side away from her. It was literally like negotiating with a child.

"Okay, but come with me to get a glass of water while you're awake, please?"

I knew she wouldn't leave me alone, unless I did but the thought of leaving the warm bed was one I wasn't fond of.

I roll my eyes. "Fine, but after you let me sleep and leave me alone."

"Deal." She claps her hands, then takes one of mine as she pulls me out of bed. I didn't understand why she couldn't go herself.

We walk through the corridor for a little while, and all I felt was my head spinning from the sudden disturbance to my sleep. I felt drunk, if I'm being completely honest, but the dim light in the hall helped me see where I was going - just about.

"Made it to the kitchen!" She declares, running straight for a glass of water.

"Congratulations." I answer emotionlessly, leaning against the doorframe.

She gives me an unappreciative look, before drinking her water in slow sips. Once she does, her mood seems to improve; then she yawns.

So now she's tired...

"Thank you for coming, without you I probably would have gotten lost. Good night, Kiara." She says, weirdly in a very kind way, before making her way back.

I had no clue what to think of her.

I'm about to follow, but a gust of a cool breeze catches my bare shoulder. As I turn in the direction, I notice the door of the same balcony I was at earlier is partly open. Did we forget to shut it when Alex and I left it for the dance?