Appendix One

The story so far.... 

A short history of the future

Authors Notes.

If you get here then this is just to say the book is on going. The next chapter will be available at worst next week.  New chapter(s) emerge sometime on Thursday. 

Other books in this series 

'Geek girl has a pulse rifle'  ( book 2 ) 

'Kidnapped by a Trillionaire'  ( book 3 ) 

'The Assassin's fake girl friend' ( book 4 ) 

'Bad boy stole my spaceship' ( book 5 ) 

No lofty aims with this one. No political satire.  It's just fun fun fun with some hard sci-fi in it.  

We did want to write a new kind of character - we thought it would be nice to write someone who was confident, sassy and sexy. The biggest problem we have been told is showing a strong female character who is professional and in charge of the situation.  Most people believe strong independent women like this are quote 'unbelievable' and according to writing theory they are 'hard to sympathise with'.  You can see them labelled them as 'cartoony' or 'paper thin' ( reviewer speak for I don't like them).  That's not to say she's not vulnerable or has faults and failings it's just she doesn't need a man to rescue her *ALL THE TIME*.  

Anyway what do you think?  Time for a change in character? 

Any ideas on a good code name for her? 

Hard Sci-fi geek area 

Archologies 

The woodsheild Archology is a massive three mile high building in New York in the far future. 

Space Elevator 

In chapter 4 we mention a space elevator. This is a cable from geosynchronous orbit down to the ground. 

Tidal Locking 

Zanziab isn't a tidally locked, buy your saying to your self RK what is tidally locked. The bulk of the stars in the universe have low mass stars which means the habitable zone and the tidally locked zone overlap.   Zanziab - actually rotates like venus. Together with a thin ( Earth-like ) atmosphere, the planet keeps the sunward side 'comfortable'.  The Hell World that the Dark Orbits temple orbits is a full Eyeball world.