Chapter 12/Welcome to Zarimina

A/N Another chapter - to keep things rolling until the big weekly launch on Thursday! Photo kind of tensile space port structure Zoe landed in. 

'This way Jeeves' said Zoe. After she had emerged into the spaceport arrivals hall. The spaceport building was made from a huge white tent.

"OMG" said Zoe to Jeeves "We've landed in Circus land. Something smells good though"

Even from where she stood, Zoe could smell the rich mix of fresh bread, spices, and roasting of every conceivable type of cooking. Texas/Mexican fusion, Martian colonial Burgers, Lunar/Italian fusion Pizza, Californian Sushi, Ceres fries you name it someone cooked it on a high heat.

In the arrivals lounge, Zoe scanned from behind her sun glasses. A sea of robots waited for the new arrivals. She noticed a sign behind held up 'Z Hunter. Investica' by a young woman twirling a lock of hair. That would be Cathy Styles the architect's daughter. Pretending to look around Zoe examined her forensically. The girl absentmindedly popped a green nabutol, a powerful diet pill. Practically everyone took nabutol to stay lean and fit and being free to eat what every they liked. Having one now suggested either she was expecting to have a carb heavy lunch or she had been stress eating at the spaceport's many unhealthy stalls.

Zoe then chose that moment to pretend to notice Cathy. Zoe touched her glasses which went from dark sunglasses to clear, revealing her face. As she approached Zoe looked at Cathy and smiled. Formal business suit, it was about a year old. Why the old suit? Either she didn't do this meet and greet much or there had been financial cut backs. The suit could hide putting on weight. Cathy had sold gold fingernails which didn't really match up, cheap, too showy for the rest of her sophisticated look, sort of thing your would buy in a panic. Zoe quickly looked around and noticed a nail bar selling just those kinds of bargain basement nails. Conclusion, she was a nail biter, couldn't stop long enough to get them done the day before. Cathy wanted to make a good impression and got them done at the last minute. Zoe didn't expect the nails to be there tomorrow. The lock of hair she had been twirling as Zoe arrived was another hint. Cathy was worried about something. Dad's business ? Possibly. Mother's research said she had a taken position on the company board and had stopped a degree in business studies to come back, after her mother die some years previously.

Stepping off a metal platform Zoe noticed she was now walking on trampled grass. He shoes heels were made of memory metal which adjusted to a broad flat heel to cope with the soft soil.

The whole arrivals section was a large white tent 80feet hight. The eateries where more like professional looking market stalls.

"Wonderful" Zoe said to Jeeves while she looked down, "Now we have landed in a county fair".

Despite the flats Zoe was able to strut like the airport was her personal cat walk. If Zoe was aware the men and occasional woman who tracked her every movement, she no longer registered them. The desire of men's eyes was so much wall paper to her life.

"Hi" said Zoe smiling and holding out her hand "you must be Cathy Styles".

"Zoe Hunter?" Said Cathy taking her in "I'm ..I'm sorry I was expecting someone a little older."

"Why thank you." said Zoe "no one has been so nice since some said they said 'I know the milk does the body good, but wow girl how much have you been drinking?'."

"Sorry were are my manners? On behalf of White Eskimo investments welcome to Zarimina " said Cathy

There was a broad roar as another rocket landed near buy. They both paused waiting for the noise to pass.

Zoe smiled "Well on behalf of Investica hi nice to be here."

"We wanted to make sure you arrived safely. I know how exhausting these trips can be. It would be my genuine pleasure to take you to your hotel. Once you have checked in and had a good nights sleep I'm sure we can get you to my father and I can show you everything you need to know before investing in us. Did you have a good trip?" Cathy said.