Thirty Four

"Amelia did you get your math text back yet?" My dad says while eating a spoonful of peas.

I sit at the round dinner table with my family that's eating. Surrounding us is pitch black darkness with the only a white spotlight shinning down on the table. Everyone's dressed in white and I feel like I've been here before.

I have been here before.

Adrian sits silently eating his dinner directly across from me, accompanying me to my left is my mother doing the same thing.

"I don't have math class." I mumble to my father reading the newspaper while eating.

"Young lady math is very important." My mom chimes in.

"Adrian..." I mumble his name in hope he will look at me. He acts like he doesn't hear me and just keeps pushing his food across the plate.

"Adrian I know you can hear me." I say again a little louder.

He keeps cutting up the meatloaf on his white plate, not giving me any attention. I don't know if I'm talking to a wall or he is just angry at me. Why would he be angry at me? Why would my brother hate me?

"Adrian!" I shout even louder, banging my fist on the table.

His head slowly tilts up and he stares right into my eyes. His brown eyes stare demandingly into mine as he places down his fork and knife.

"So you can hear m-" I quietly start but quickly get cut off by a loud shooting noise and a bullet fly right from behind me and into his forehead.

I scream the second the bullet hits and his head falls down- meeting his chin with his chest. Blood spills all down his white shirt and I feel like my breath just was taken from my body because I feel suffocated from the sight in front of me.

My parents jump up and run to Adrian's side. My mom starts balling her eyes out an my dad tries to stop the bleeding. I stand shocked on my feet, looking at my older brother that just got killed.

A strong hand grabs my wrist and whips me around to meet the tall familiar build. Harry deviously looks down at me with a smirk. His one hand holds a silver pistol in his hand while the other firmly holds my wrist.

My blood fills with envy and all I want to do is hit him.

"You killed my brother!" I scream and pound my fists against his torso. Tears brim my eyes and I can hear the sounds of my sobbing mother behind me. His stone cold body stands unaffected against my fists. In one quick motion he leans down and picks me up by the waist with his one arm, securely throwing me over his shoulder.

"You're fucking mine." He shouts while turning around and walking away from the table.

"Mom! Dad he's taking me! Please!" I scream as they don't turn away from Adrian. They don't acknowledge me at all as Harry carries me away from them.

I feel hopeless- and unloved.

My eyes shoot open and my chest intensively rises and falls. I instantly sit up and try to catch my breath while sweat rolls down my forehead. My bedroom is pitch black and I feel all disoriented. When did I fall asleep? The last thing I remember is talking to Harry on my bed. Did I pass out? And if I did then how did I get at the front of my bed, under the blankets?