Sixty Six

Harry Styles

I wrap my hand around the front door handle- turning it and pushing the door open to feel the warm hit my face and contrasting with the freezing cold weather outside.

I walk into the warm home and shut the door behind me- smelling something good coming from the kitchen.

"I'm home." I yell through the house while taking off my jacket and hanging it up on the hook.

"In the kitchen baby." I hear Amelia's sweet voice yell from the next room. I take off my heavy black boots and walk into the room to my right.

I watch Amelia standing in the kitchen, her back facing me while she stirs stuff in the pan on the stove. I smile and walk up to her small frame, looking over her shoulder at her at the vegetables to tosses around on the stove.

I rest my chin on her shoulder and snake my hand around her waist and rest on her growing seven month belly.

"Smells good." I mumble while softly pressing my lips to her neck

"It should be ready soon." She smiles while keeping her eyes on the scolding pan.

"How you feeling baby?" I ask while running my hands across her baby bump.

"Good today actually- didn't wake up with sickness this time." She smiles and takes the pan off the stove, moving it off to the side and turning off the heat.

She turns around and faces me- her cheeks red from the heat of the stove.

"Less then two months and you won't have to deal with the morning sickness anymore." I wrap my arms around her lower back and intertwine my fingers together, looking down at her with a smile. Her hands meet at the back of my neck so I feel the silver ring on her finger. She steps on her tippy toes to kiss my lips while her noticeable baby bump was between us. 

"Daddy!" The familiar voice of our four year old son Jamison yells in excitement while he runs his little body through the doorframe. I pull away from Amelia and kneel down so he crashes into my arms with a little toothy grin.

"Hey buddy," I smile and stand up with him on my hip. He smiles and Amelia brushes his curly hair out of his face. "Why are you still wearing your pyjamas dude?" I look at his blue teddy bear pyjamas he was wearing last night.

"Someone decided this morning that he's going to wear them forever." Amelia chuckles, making Jamison giggle.

"Forever?" I look at him and drop my jaw in playfulness- pretending to be shocked. He nods and laughs, making the dimples pop on his baby cheeks.

"You know-" I start while holding him up in my arms. "You're not going to grow big and strong if you're stuck in these small pyjamas." I encourage and he looks at me in realization.

"But you wear the same thing everyday daddy." He looks at my black t-shirt and black jeans that I have a million pairs of.

"But daddy already grew big and tall. You still need to grow and you won't be able to if you're stuck in these small pyjamas forever." I persuade. "Don't you want to be big and tall like daddy one day?" I ask while smiling at my son.

His small face falls slightly in expression, making me arch my brow.

"I don't want to be like you daddy.." He says with a sad look on his face.