prologue

"I'm Nia!"

The younger girl thrusts her hand to the boy in front of her, a wide grin on her innocent face. Patrick glances at Nia's hand sheepishly, his eyes still dancing between her hand and the smile that is missing a few teeth. He takes the girl's hand and shakes it.

"Patrick," he mumbles. He was never good at talking to other kids. Patrick has always been shy and kept to himself.

"You like Ghostbusters?" Nia asks. Confusion flashes across Patrick's face for a second before he looks down at his shirt that depicts the infamous ghost behind a red, crossed out circle.
"Yeah," he says. A grin starts to develop on his face, displaying his missing front teeth to Nia. It's nothing abnormal to a seven-year-old. Patrick glances at Nia's shirt, taking in the graphic tee full of stars and planets.

"You like space?" he asks, returning the girl's gesture. She smiles wider, this expression full of pride.
"Yep!" she chirps! "I wanna go to space one day."
"I wanna be a Ghostbuster, but my mom said that I can't," Patrick huffs with a pout.
"Why not?" Nia asks. The young girl cocks her head to the side as Patrick lets his gaze drift to his shoes.
"She says it's too scary," he confesses.
"My mom says space is scary, but I think it's really cool. Ghostbusters are really cool too."

Patrick slowly looks up at his new friend, a new hope sparkling in his eyes.
"You really think so?" he says.
"Yeah," Nia grins. "I brought some toys. Maybe we can play Ghostbusters in Space?"
"Okay," Patrick agrees, his smile returning to his face.

Nia walks in with her backpack full of the toys she had promised. Her bag is purple and in the shape of a rocket ship, the small window being transparent and showing just a few of the figurines she had taken with her. Patrick leads her to his room where he keeps his collection of Ghostbusters and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figurines. Nia finds a place on the floor and sets her toys out as Patrick gathers his, readying for the fun crossover the two have created.

He sits down in front of the brown-haired girl, his arms full of characters. He looks over at Nia just as he spills the plastic dolls onto the carpet. Nia glances up at him and that's when Patrick notices her eyes for the first time.

"Whoa!" he gasps. Nia's violet eyes widen, quickly changing into a subtle brown. But Patrick knew his own eyes didn't deceive him.
"What?" Nia asks.
"Your eyes! They were purple just a minute ago!" Patrick exclaims! "Are you..." he looks around the room, seeing if their mothers were around before a potential secret was spilled between them.

"Are you from space?" he whispers. Nia giggles and shakes her head, her wavy locks intertwining with another with the momentum.
"No," she chuckles.
"Are they real?"
"Yep!"
"Do you have super powers?"
"Super powers?" she quizzes. "Like what?"
"I dunno," Patrick says with a shrug. "Like mind control or something! Like...a witch or something!"
"I don't know," Nia says. "My mom says my eyes are special and they make me very different from other people. So if I do get super powers, I'll tell you first, Buster."
"My name's Patrick," he corrects with confusion.
"I know," Nia smiles. "But you're a Ghostbuster, remember?"

Patrick smiles at the comment, mulling the new nickname around his head.

"And you're a Witch," he jokes. The two laugh at their new bond. Little did they know it would stay until the end of infinity.

A/N:
Hey guys!
I haven't written anything in years and I got this idea from FOB's new song and boy is it a banger! So if you like this, give it a vote. The usual stuff! :)

Comment. Vote. Share.
Much love and thanks!