LXII

ACT XIII | SCENE LXII

LIPSTICK STAIN

JIMIN COULDN'T STOP laughing the moment jangmi opened the door and he saw her face. "enjoy your drive back home." she scowled, making to shut the door in his face. quickly shoving his foot between the door and the jamb in his usual fashion, he tried to stifle his laughter. "what...?" he burst into another fit of giggles, doubling over as he did so. "go away, jimin!" she pushed harder on the door, trying to get his foot out of the way.

straightening, he took a deep calming breath. "okay, wait, i'm sorry." he apologised only to begin laughing again. "hey!" she yelled out in annoyance, kicking at his foot harshly. "mummy?" the pitter-patter of rosalie's feet could be heard as she ran down the foyer. "who is it?" she asked, trying to peek from behind her mother. "just an annoying man." jangmi responded. "ah, now come on." jimin pouted. "papa?"

"yes, it's me, princess. tell mummy to let me in." he tried to get a glimpse of his daughter. "ask your dad why he's laughing first." jangmi responded, glaring at the man in front of her. "papa, why are you laughing?" rosalie finally managed to poke her head in the small space her mother's leg wasn't blocking. jimin glanced at jangmi again and pressed his lips together to suppress the laugh that bubbled in his throat. "i...uh... papa is just really happy to see mummy and you today." he snorted, forcing his eyes away from mother to daughter.

"mummy, let papa in, hm?" rosalie turned her head up to see her mother's face, "i want to do his makeup too." jangmi's face brightened at that. "come in, jimin!" she chirped, taking rosalie's hand as she stepped back to pull the door open wider. his eyes rounded, realising what his daughter just said. "princess, papa doesn't need makeup, i'm already beautiful." he smiled as he walked in, shutting the door behind him. "wow..." jangmi drawled, disbelief written on her face at jimin's remark. "just so you know, this house isn't big enough for four of us."

"four?" jimin's brows went up. "me, rosalie, you and your planetary sized ego." jangmi responded sassily. he shot her a dirty look and she smirked only for him to start laughing all over again. "sorry, i just can't take you seriously with your face looking like that." his hand came up to cover his mouth.

"what's wrong with mummy's face?" rosalie blinked up at her father. jangmi's arms folded over her chest, hip jutting out as she rested her weight on one foot. "yes, jimin, what's wrong with my face?" she echoed, a satisfied smirk pulling her lips up. his lips parted in an attempt to find the right answer, gaze shifting to the four-year-old that stood between him and her mother. "i..." he started, pressing his lips together when his smiling eyes landed on jangmi again. "uh... your mother just looks so pretty today, i can't stop smiling." he finally replied, slipping his hands into his pockets and rocking on his heels, hoping he wouldn't burst out in another fit of laughter.

"i'm going to make you pretty like mummy, don't worry." rosalie reached for his hidden hand. even as his eyes became slightly panicked, he let her take his hand and lead him to jangmi's bedroom, a triumphant grin played across jangmi's lips when he glanced back to see her following them.

she sat on the bed staring as rosalie sat him on the bench in front of the vanity. the products she had used on her mother's face were still scattered all over the white table. he watched her pick up a brush and dip it in a powder cone, dusting a healthy amount on his face as carefully as her small hands could manage. in the mirror, he could see jangmi's clear amusement.

"don't forget to put eye-shadow and liner for papa, sweetie." she reminded as the girl tried to fill in her father's brows. "i almost forgeted, thank you mummy." rosalie replied and she smiled. "mummy's always here for you." he glared at her in the mirror and the grin she had on only grew wider. "make papa extra pretty, okay?" she called, staring back at him in the reflective glass as she spoke. "mhm," rosalie hummed, awkwardly picking up the eye-shadow and brush to colour in her father's eyelids a blood red.

jangmi's grin grew even wider when she drew a squiggly line over his lids. "you're doing great, sweetie." she cooed softly, making the girl smile big. dropping the liner, she grabbed a tube of pink lipstick, swiping it over his lips and smearing it around them in the process. she somehow got it on his t-shirt as she tried to cap the lipstick again. his eyes strayed to the bright pink lipstick stain and he let out a small sigh.

he saw jangmi clap a hand over her mouth when rosalie reached for one of the many hair ties jangmi kept in a yellow butterfly shaped ceramic box on the vanity. "papa, bend." she requested. jimin did as he was told, staring at his feet as he felt her tiny hands in his hair. "finis!" she chimed, raising her hands in the air. jangmi began to clap. "wow, jimin you're prettier than me." she drawled out when he turned around, staring at the tiny ponytail tied in the middle of his head. he sent her a dry look.

"should we take pictures before dinner?" she glanced at her daughter. "hm!" the little girl bobbed her head enthusiastically, brown hair bouncing with the movement. jangmi whirled to face jimin again, her smile almost evil as she picked up her phone and dangled it playfully. obviously she was no novice at this sort of situation. and she was more than happy to drag him into it.

☀️☀️☀️

happy easter y'all! hope you're having a good one! bangtan certainly is. i'm so done with yoongi and jin, they're so fucking extra i can't.
also, i see people shipping sora and taehyung which is cute except sora's married. i guess since it's been a while, everyone's forgotten. but if you need a refresher, her husband was mentioned in chapter 36.