18) Problems & Fights

"I need to talk to you," I said urgently to Meg.

I took her, sat in our corner and said with a trembling voice, "I cannot do this anymore"

"What is wrong, my dear?" she asked with worry.

"Edward, he," my voice broke, "He is everywhere"

She gave me a pitiful look then pulled me into a hug.

She cupped my face and removed a few tears that were threatening to fall, "It is fine, my dear. It is all going to be fine"

"How? Everywhere that I go, I find him. Anytime that I sit down, I find him next to me. He says and does things that he should not do"

She frowned, "What do you mean by that?"

"Just now, he said that he enjoyed our talks more than his talks with Cecelia then, asked me to dance with him"

We spent a few minutes in silence until I said, "I am moving to my house"

She narrowed her eyebrows, "what?"

"I cannot stay here anymore," I said in a teary voice with impatience.

"You cannot move," she said shaking her head, "remember what Alexandre said, you cannot..."

I smiled at her sweet attempt, "We both know that he only said that for me to stay with you"

"What about Vincent?" She said with confidence that I will listen to her and stay, "How are you going to live with him?"

"Bernard told me that he is barely at home. So, he will not be a problem, you know that I thought about leaving again, I mean leaving the whole town"

"No!" She was in horror.

"Don't worry," I said reassuringly holding her hands, "I know that I said that I found my peace of mind and all that but I cannot live alone again"

"What about Jane? You know that she is so attached to you"

I smiled, "that is why I am spending my mornings and afternoons at your house until he comes home"

She gave me a sad look but she knew that she will not change my decision no matter what she does.

But is it the right one? Am I exaggerating things or am I doing the right thing?

I left her to look for Bernard. It took me a while to find him in the crowd but my amazing observation skills helped me.

He was standing at the far end of the room with a drink in his hand and his eyes on Daphne. I looked at Daphne to find her dancing with a very handsome man. Although she was smiling, she did not look happy. I could see sadness in her eyes.

I watched her for a few minutes to confirm my suspicions and I was right. Every few seconds, she would look at Bernard then, look at her partner again, that could only mean one thing.

He confronted her.

That will have to wait until I tell him my share of news. I stood beside him and looked at the people dancing too, "Brother"

He looked at me in shock, it looks like he did not notice my presence at all then, he smiled, "sister"

"I have some news for you," I said with fake seriousness.

He smiled, "You are getting married"

I frowned and looked at him, "No!"

He shrugged, "can't a brother hope?"

"No! No, he cannot"

He smirked, "what is your news, then?"

I smiled, "I moving in with you"