Chapter 1

banner by the amazing:Saramitra_ I love this banner wholeheartedly. EEE, thank you sm ily :"")

***

"The audacity to flip a middle finger to motivation to give my damn head a rest." I told myself.

"You know you pretty much got yourself bruised up after the incident, should you really shove his head onto the bucket of fishes?"

Drill Sergeant Marchwood stated. She is a respected Sergeant, with features of wavy black ombre hair, pale brown eyes, and tan skin which is a great nod to her North Asian heritage. Tightly dressed in a uniform that proudly suited her posture of confidence.

"It was just an accident, I almost caught the bastard, you know how this town is. He scammed my grandpa into selling him fresh fish, he almost give his entire wealth and pride to that seller. As he was about to bolt I had to tackle him."

"Greene, you are a cop it's unprofessional. Let the authorities handle it."

Marchwood furrowed her eyebrows as she cut off the string wire from my arm with a nudge to finish her statement.

I sighed as I looked down, as a cockroach began kicking its legs like running in a championship to flex its wings.

I jumped back expecting it to fly into my face. Don't kill me. Don't kill me.

As soon as its wings started to flicker, Marchwood stepped on it crushing it with the heel of her shoe. Her perplexed look pointed at my sudden panic.

"Ehe... survival instincts am I right?"

She raised an index finger, "I know you're having a hard time fitting in with your life here in Cedar Oaks. But please remember your parents are... well they sent you here to live with your grandpa for a safe distance."

"You mean they retire from work and I'm taking care of grandpa because they couldn't bother visiting him? Yeah, I know."

I don't talk much with everyone, neither of us do. We only have a small chat and that's it, I read books instead of socializing with others. It keeps me calm and relaxed, distracting myself away from the real world that could often be complicated.

"Alright enough with that, you know I am here for you to talk whatever it is to make you comfortable in this town. It's different from your current home but your grandfather loves you so much."

I chuckled. "Yep, I know. Even as stubborn as he is he's an old man. Driving back bere where I grew up is different now, at least I can look after gramps."

"Especially after four years living here away from them, this town is pretty much eye-catching for tourists, lively perhaps."

"I know but he is just worried for you, he treats you as his child. I envy you you know?" She chuckled.

The beads trickled down to my nose which suddenly triggered an irritation. Every nerve in my body boiled clicking against the tingle. I instantly wiped it away.

I stood up and hugged her back as I saluted in respect exchanging glances, as I left the clinic out of the precinct. I jogged for hours feeling the breeze pelted in my damp skin giving a little push to cool down my heated breathing.