♢8♢

The darkness had by then filled your room, the moonlight was the only source of light brightening up the white walls of your room. There you lay on your bed, not being able to sleep. You were wide awake, your eyelids not even the slightest heavy. The scene of you and Baekhyun kissing replayed in your head repeatedly, making you shiver at the thought. You still had that thrilling feeling rushing through your body. The warmth of his mouth moving against yours still lingered on your lips, and the spot where his hand had touched your neck was still burning.

That experience had felt like something so surreal, like a dream. You couldn't help but wonder if that had been an illusion, but the swollen feeling on your lips was a proof of what had just happened.

Squeezing your eyes shot you shoved your face into the pillow and let out a muffled squeal. You didn't know how to feel about the situation. It was very confusing to you, and millions of thoughts about wrong and right had clouded your head. How were you supposed to feel about this?

When you had kissed, it had felt extremely nice and just- too good to even describe. While now, well what now? You were doubting, you were slightly regretting. What was your relationship going to be like after this? Were you automatically together, or were you just going to leave this matter behind your shoulders because you had probably been carried away by the mood? Was this going to mean nothing? Was Baekhyun going to act indifferent, like nothing had ever happened?

You were fearing that there would be an awkward atmosphere between the two of you and that you'd never get back to what you used to be. That scared you so much. The fact that you kissed was now a proof that you couldn't really state yourselves as best friends anymore, that'd be wrong.

...Best friends don't really kiss...

You knew you were going to regret this even if you didn't want to. You tried to make it more positive by thinking that maybe you could become something more than friends. But your head made it feel so wrong and unusual that it bothered you too much. It was different imagining to be with someone when you know you can't have them, but when you actually had a chance, it felt different. Because your brain would only picture the two of you as best friends if you thought of the two of you together. Maybe you weren't supposed to be together? Was that why it felt wrong to picture yourself with Baekhyun?

You groaned loudly and shifted position in your bed and tried to calm down. You convinced yourself that you were only overthinking the matter. Things couldn't be that bad and complicated, right?

With a sigh you closed your eyes, trying to catch some sleep, knowing that you'd probably look horrible in the morning because of the restless night.

* * *

The hysterical melody of your alarm resounded loudly in the air, waking you up. With a groan you turned it off, and sat on your bed, rubbing your eyes. The eyelids felt heavy, feeling as if you fall asleep just some minutes ago. With some efforts you managed to force yourself out of bed, dragging your heavy zombie-like body to the bathroom. As usual, you took a refreshing shower, which woke you up internally. After that, you applied your small amount of makeup.

And the whole morning routine went on with you feeling more and more nervous and angsty by every minute. You were afraid of how you were going to face Baekhyun. You didn't know what to expect. But the wise side of you told you to not expect anything. Just see what happens, and then start judging the situation fully. Because right now you couldn't really act.

You entered the school gates with your heart beating loudly in your chest, and as hard as it was, you tried to keep a straight face while hoping to not run into Baekhyun just now.