Chapter Twenty-Nine

Liam I pushed away from each other, our eyes scanning one another to make sure we were in one piece. When we realized we weren't hit, our eyes suddenly widened as we realized who the only other person with us was.

We both rushed over to the door, but Liam pushed in front of me. He shoved the door open, showing Jackal at the end of the hall, laying on his back. We both ran toward him, not thinking about where the gunshot could have come from or who shot it and if they could still be aiming the gun at us. Instead, we both bent down at his side.

Liam was pale as a ghost, slapping Jackal's face, trying to wake him up. While he did that, I looked around to see where the gunshot came from. I didn't see anything in the walls, and I didn't see anyone down the hall, either. But then I looked at the floor and saw a shell, laying in glass. I moved toward it, picking the shell up, careful not to cut myself on the glass. I looked up, seeing that the glass on the ceiling was broken, and that's when I realized the shooter must be on the roof.

Then, I also realized that we only heard one gun shot, and that I was holding the shell.

I looked over at Jackal, and he started coughing, his eyes wide as he came back to life.

"I'll be damned," I heard him huff through his coughs. He reached into his shirt and pulled out a metal cross that was dented. "Looks like there is a God."

"God damn you old man," Liam said, half laughing with tears in his eyes. He pulled jackal up into a sitting position and all three of us laughed together, until we heard another gunshot and the sound of shattering glass.

The shot missed all of us, but that didn't stop us from freaking out. Liam pulled Jackal up to stand, and I jumped up to my feet, running to the arsenal.

"Lease, leave it!" Liam yelled after me. We couldn't afford to, though. We needed those guns more than anything, especially right now with the people shooting at us.

I pushed through the door and ran up to where Liam left the duffle bag. He never got to finish packing in guns since him and I started kissing. I shook my head at myself, but I couldn't say I regretted it. I pulled guns from the wall and shoved them into the bag, grabbing as much ammo as I could. I then walked over to where the riot gear was and put a bullet proof vest on over my jacket, adjusting to the added weight and fastening it as fast as I could. While I was fastening it, Liam pushed through the door without Jackal.

"The one time I need you to listen to me," he said as he walked over to me and helped me finish fastening it so it hugged my body just right. "And you don't. Typical."

"The one time you're making the wrong call," I said back to him, as I fastened another vest onto him. "Oh wait, you always make the wrong call."

He walked over and picked up the bag, sliding it over his shoulder next to his crossbow. Then, he picked up a rifle that was on the wall and grabbed a box of bullets from a drawer and filled the chamber. When he was done, he handed it to me.

"Good thing I like you," he said, giving me a smile. "Or else I would have shot you for that remark."

"Guess it's a good thing I like you, too," I said, moving both of my hands behind me and pulling out two 9mm out of the back of my jeans, one in each hand. "Because I would have shot you right back."

He shook his head and laughed, and then took the rifle back from me since I was going to use the glock (9mm).

"Let's get going, sunshine," he said, walking in front of me and holding up the rifle. He kicked the door open, and we both saw that jackal was waiting for us down the hall. Liam and I both ran down the hall to him as fast as we could, but there wasn't another gun shot. We all gave each other confused looks, but we chose to ignore it and get the hell out.

The Dead and the Restless (Completed with undergoing editing)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें