Chapter 9 - If you cared

-

🍣

Her | Him

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

"Hey"

"Who is this?"

"Oh it's Ed, calling from the Hotline"

"How did you get my number!?"

"The system has saved it since you call literally every single day,"

"Oh well, now I seem clingy. Why did you call me? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah yeah, everything good it's just that  you hadn't called today and it's 7:56, 4 mins before my shift ends."

"You were worried about me cause I didn't call!"

"No, not like that just-"

"You were!"

"No I wasn't worried, I don't care if you didn't call you're the clingy one  here not me, I just, um, wanted to..to to ask you a question,"

"Go on then, ask away"

"What...color goes best with ...green?"

"You called me to ask what colour goes well with green?"

"yeah"

"Well if you want to stand out then red or orange are good colours to go for, but if not then a dark blue goes quite well with khaki green."

"Thanks"

"I won't forget to call tomorrow don't worry,"

"I wasn't worrying."

"You so were mate don't even lie"

"I wasn't!"

"Someone's getting angry, who stole your sushi today?"

"I said I was worrying like I said I couldn't care less if you didn't
call."

"Really? Well, it's a little weird to call a girl you've barely spoken to, to ask what colour goes best with green!"

"You're the one who keeps calling me every day! Why not go talk to that weird friend of yours or your boyfriend or some shit,"

"How dare you be rude about my best friend! That's low. It's called a joke Ed, sorry for wondering if you cared."

"Yeah but I didn't-"

"Oh Don't let me hurt your man ego, I know that boys can't possibly go around worrying. No wonder nobody calls who would want to speak to you! wait that was harsh, I'm sorry."

"Fine."

"I messed up

"I messed up..."

--------------

I relate to Annie on such a high level, I too am obsessed with Sushi. Which is one of the reasons why I wrote this book!

I might go back and add gifs of sushi if I can, but I don't know how to, so maybe not.

-AMG, sushi-loving author