Chapter 24 - You're just

-

🍣

Her

"Annie just go find him for god sake!"
Sara slammed the door of my locker shut and stared at me with piercing eyes.
"I take back what I said, you've been talking to Ed for over a month and a half, you've obviously developed some deep feelings for him,"

I playfully slapped her arm as I felt my cheeks turn a soft pink. I smiled though it.

"And it's ok. Just find him, talk to him. Anything to stop you moping around like a zombie."

My smile dropped as I remembered how he's been avoiding me. Every time I called he would hang up. His brother told me about his appearance enough for me to realised the guy sitting outside alone was him a couple of days ago. But he would disappear from sight every time I was close to him.

"But he's avoiding me Sara! I can't."
I whined to her like a small child.

Sara ignored me but rather looked past my shoulder to something behind me.

"Jacksons group approaching twelve o'clock," She said, quickly adding.
"No way..."

"No way what?"

"Take a look"
Sara grabbed my shoulders and swivelled me round to see the group strutting towards us. Jackson leading of course, our relationship may not have worked out years ago but he's a good friend to me so it didn't shock me that he might be approaching but rather the extra body walking with the group, did. His head hung low, tucked behind the other 4.

Sara threw Jackson a wave and beckoned him over with a hand gesture. He smiled and waved back, quickening his pace, the others following as he did.

"Sara I don't know what to say!" I whispered to her under my breath. My heart started to pound a little too quickly.

"Just relax," she whispered back.
The word relax did the opposite as my anxiety grew even more.

"Hey guys!" She then said greeting he boys.

"Hey Sara, hey Annie, what's up?" Jackson asked casually.

At the sound of my name, a head popped up and my eyes instantly came into contact with beautiful hazel ones.

"My friend here," Sara said nudging me with her elbow,
"would like to speak with your friend," she said tilting her head towards the guy now staring straight at me.
"Alone" she quickly added.

Before I knew it, everyone was gone and I was left with the one person I desperately wanted to talk to. He turned to leave but I grabbed him by the arm. I was not going to lose this, my stubborn personality refused to let this person disappear from my life.

"Ed please stop avoiding me. I understand, you don't need to hide it anymore."

He slowly looked at me. His hazel eyes staring straight into mine. If I could write a book about them I would. The colour was so vivid yet, different. Specks of green formed round the pupil but the outside of the iris was a shade darker.

He suddenly spoke in a whisper, his low voice making me jump a little. After not hearing it for a few days, I had forgotten the smooth tone that made me subconsciously smile.

"Why did I ever think a smart, intelligent person like you would want someone as dumb as me?"
He tore his eyes away from me and went to turn away once more.

"Ed stop!" I pushed his shoulder back round so he faces me again.
"You're not stupid you're just-"

I was cut off as he pushed himself closer to me, his body nearly touching mine, to get his face as close to mine as possible, as if he wanted to keep the next words coming out of his mouth as quiet as possible. The shock of his sudden closeness pushed me against the lockers, leaving me trapped. I could finally match the voice, that I've been hearing for weeks, to a face and it was more beautiful than I could ever have imagined.

He fit right in with Jackson's group, he was attractive, very attractive. I envied the eyelashes that came with the stunning hazel eyes and couldn't help but stare at every inch of his olive skin.

He wasn't stupid, I knew that, he was just...

"Severely Dyslexic,"
Ed said finishing my sentence.

-
🍣
-