Chapter 18 - Date?

-

🍣

Her | Him

"This is Holvan's Sushi Hotline, how can I help you?"

"What sport do you do?"

"Hi, yes I'm good thanks for asking after not speaking to me for two days!"

"My phone broke, it was being fixed I'm sorry,"

"For two days! Not a single warning. You could have called from another phone,"

"Yeah I know I was so busy trying to get my precious baby to work that it slipped my mind."

"Precious baby?"

"I mean, come on, who isn't going to treat an important item costing over 500 bucks as their own offspring?"

"A sane person?"

"One with the same sanity level as the one worried when their favourite customer didn't call."

"It's the only positive I get out of working a boring job, without you calling I get bored out of my mind -don't tell my boss."

"Aw! I'm glad my voice can make a soul happy. But you need to answer my question that you sneakily avoided. what sport do you do? You said a while back you knew the three dumbheads from sport,"

"Three dumbheads?"

"You know, Damien, Jackson and Oliver? From the party?"

"Oh them! You gotta be more specific, everyone nowadays is stupid,"

"Stop avoiding the question,"

"Fine, I play baseball, soccer and I swim,"

"Do you do all these at school?"

"Yeah,"

"So do you play a lot of matches against them then?"

"Well I-"

"Stupid question of course you play against them, if you were on their team I would have seen you,"

"You watch the games?"

"Use to,"

"Elaborate,"

"When I dated Jackson I would watch him in every game, jeez it was boring,"

"You went out with Jackson!?"

"For like 8 months, yeah. It was way over 2 years ago though"

"Ohh yeah."

"I rarely watch the matches anymore, especially now it's winter. It's way too cold as a spectator."

"You don't have a boyfriend do you? Like right now?"

"Nope! I'm single and happy,"

"Okay,"

"Shit,"

"Not ok?"

"Tomorrow's Friday"

"Yes and?"

"I'm kinda may or may not be going on a date..."

"So you lied to me."

"I didn't lie to you! I don't even like this guy, he's a good friend but-"

"But it's still a date,"

"No! I want it to be anything but a date."

"Have fun on your date, Annie."

"Ed don't be like this.."

"Bye."

------------------

------------------

Remember Jamie from a while back. It's that date. How time flies.

-AMG