18. NUMBER EIGHT BY THE FLAME

By the time Simone had reached her house, she recalls that her parents won't be home today. She gets into the house quickly and closes the door behind her just as quickly. She feels a surge of panic running through her. William is a scary guy, she thought. He's hot but he's damn scary... Is he even human? She wonders.

She was about to walk into the kitchen when she saw Trance sitting on her sofa comfortably like it was his own house. She was shocked but it didn't occur to her the strangeness of the situation so, she comes lashing at him in anger. "You psycho! What are you doing in my house?!" She asked angrily. Trance, on the other hand, did not look surprised. He just wears an evil smile on his face and is looking at Simone calmly.

"It's your turn, Simone," someone said from her back. She turns around to find William standing behind her. She didn't even hear him coming. What the hell is happening?

"What do you want?! I'm calling the cops!" She started to threaten them as she fishes her pone out of her pocket. That action and threat only made both Trance and William laugh out loud at her.

"Owh Simone... Didn't I say I'll have you burned?" William reminded her. She feels scared now at the mentioning of it. She had a look on her face like she's about to cry.

Trance gets up from the sofa and walks towards William as he passes by Simone uncaringly. He then pats William's shoulder. "Get it over and done with," he said. William smiles wickedly at those words and Trance simply walks out of the house. By then, is eyes had turned into a slit and glowed red in color.

From outside of the house, Trance can hear the ringing of Simone's scream. He only chuckles at the sound. William must be making her reliving the pain and sufferings now. Then, he heard William coming out of the house and walking towards Trance who's sitting at the porch. "Let's go," he said. Trance gets up and walks side by side with William away from the house. The house behind them is in flame... but no screaming was heard. Of course, no matter how painful, they can't scream. It's part of the torture too. It's the beautiful part of the torture.

֍֎֍

Trance slouches down on his bed. His body is tired from the previous sex he had with William but he doesn't believe that he needed rest. Downstairs, his parents were making such a ruckus about the deaths that had been happening lately. They are worried about their son. They are worried if he might also commit suicide. Silly them...

His phone started to ring suddenly. He looks at the caller ID. It's Peter. He answers the call indifferently. "Yeah?"

"Trance, I thought you would not pick up."

"What do you want?" Trance asked uncaringly.

"Can I see you? At the usual place?"

Trance keeps silence for a while, pretending to be thinking when he doesn't even need to. "No," he simply answered and hung up. He rests his head back to his pillow. His phone is ringing again... again... and again... He ignores the ringing and closes his eyes. Then, he heard a loud thud in his room. He opens his eyes slowly and looks at the window. It's Peter. He sneaks into his room!

"Trance..." Peter called him. This wasn't the first time he sneaks into Trance's room. When they were lovers, he used to do it all the time.

Trance only sighs uncaringly at him. He gets up from his bed to a sit and looks at Peter straight into the eyes nonchalantly. "Your girlfriend is dead. You should be mourning right now, not sneaking in into someone's house, Peter," Trance simply commented.

Peter did not reply to the comment. Of course, the death impacted him, but it wasn't a deep impact. He chooses to ignore it. He didn't even love Simone. He loves Trance and Trance is right before his eyes now. He looks at Trance deep in the eyes like he's savoring every sight of that face and body. Trance only sighs again, feeling annoyed over the presence of the intruder. "I miss you," Peter then spoke.

Trance nods a little. "Of course you do," he simply agreed.

Peter can't hold it anymore being there in the room full of memories of them. He quickly walks to Trance and kisses him on the lips. Trance did not push him away but he is also not returning the kiss. Peter broke the kiss after that and looks into Trance's eyes quizzically. "Do you love me?" He asked.

Trance stares back into Peter's eyes. "I think not," Trance simply said. Peter's eyes filled with tears at that sentence. Trance can read Peter's heart and he knew that Peter is onto him about the suicide circles in school. "You are quite a genius and too curious for your own good," he then commented. Peter did not understand why Trance had said so. "If you really want to know, Peter, yes. I killed them," Trance confessed with a hint of evil glowing in his eyes. Peter pulls himself away from Trance as soon as he heard it. He is trembling. He can't believe what he had just heard. He could not say anything to it. Trance laughs at that reaction by Peter. "And I can tell you who's next," he said. "The mastermind... Chris!" Trance continued. Peter only looks at Trance in disbelief. He then quickly gets back to the window. He takes one last look at Trance with a face full of sadness for a while before he sneaks back out.