3

Chapter 3

"Natsu calm down. It was an accident." Gray stood up. He was clearly frightened. "No one is going to take (f/n)." He tried to calm the dragon slayer down. You were too stunned to speak. 

"She is mine!" He yelled. He was not open for discussion. There was nothing anyone could do to calm him down. He continued to attack the rune, causing it to crack.

"(f/n) we need to go! Now!" Gray grabbed your hand and pulled you out of the office. Your legs felt like jelly as you struggled to keep up with Gray. Natsu roared in an anger. It could be heard all throughout Magnolia. A freezing chill ran down your spine. For the first time in years you felt that your life was truly in danger. You feared for your safety, and everyone else's. You had no time to celebrate that you were indeed Natsu's mate.

As you were running away from Natsu, Erza ran towards him. Seeing Erza gave you a sense of relief, but did little to quell your fear. Gray dragged you behind the rest of the guild members, and close to the exit. Everyone was prepared to protect you. You wanted to cry, everyone was so precious to you. You looked through the ground searching for happy. You noticed him shaking in Lucy's arms.

"(f/n) if Erza can't stop him," he paused to think about what he was saying. "Run. I'll be right behind you. So will Gajeel, Lucy, and Wendy." You were surprised by his words. There's no way that Natsu could beat Erza. You couldn't believe that Gray suggested that as an option. He'd never come close to beating her before.

"I understand," Your head was spinning. "What about everyone else?" You asked. 

"They'll stay here to stop him." Gajeel spoke to you for the first time. You could hear Natsu and Erza fighting. She was yelling, but you couldn't make out what she was saying. For every second that the fight continued, your stomach sank more and more. You started to think Natsu might actually have a chance to beat Erza. This all felt like a dream. 

"I'm so fucking screwed." You muttered to no one 

Every guild member had surrounded you at this point. They shielded you from the deranged Natsu. You wondered why you couldn't just leave, but realized that Natsu could involve bystanders if you left the guild. 

Your thoughts were interrupted by a loud crash. Erza had been thrown through the wall. Her body was singed. Even with her fire armor, she was badly injured. She laid limp on the grown, barely conscious. She turned her head to look at you. Her lips started to move. It was her way of apologizing to you. Natsu stepped through the hole in the wall. He scanned the croud, eyes zeroing in on you. A menacing grin crept onto his face, as he stepped past Erza.

"You blazing idiot, I swear I will beat you to death as soon as this is over!" You yelled. Your threatening words did nothing to hid your fear. Normally you would run, and attack him immediately. You wouldn't think twice about it, but now you hid behind everyone like a coward. You turned to leave the guild like Gray had instructed. The last defense to protect you from the horny bastard followed closely behind you.

Suddenly you stop. Your shoes filled with lead. You couldn't muster the energy to walk out the door. You couldn't leave your family only like this. Especially since they were in this mess, because of you. You mustered up the courage to turn toward Natsu. The mages behind you looked confused. 

"I can't let the rest of you get hurt for me. You all take care of Erza. I'll handle Natsu." You said as you started to push through the sea of magic users.

"(f/n) you know its dangerous. He could hurt you!" Lucy panicked. Her hand clutched on your wrist.

"I have to take care of this on my own. If I don't all of you could get hurt. He's my burden now." You moved forward again, Lucy's grasp weakened letting your arm slip away. When you were in front of everyone you stopped. You were mere feet away from Natsu.

"Natsu!" You let out a growl, "Stop this nonsense. I am the one you want. Leave them out of this." Natsu's head snapped towards you. His eyes glistened in amusement.

"I didn't want to hurt anyone. They got in my way, and Gray tried to take what's mine." His face turned dark. 

"I do not belong to you, and I certainly won't ever be yours if you continue to hurt our friends." Your words came out confidently, but you felt like you were going to throw up. 

"Fight me then (f/n)." He was serious. "If I win, I take you with me, no resistance, and no interference from the other guild members. If you win I'll go back in the runes compliantly."

You had to take this deal. You couldn't let anyone else get hurt because of you.

You put your fists up, "Deal."