0 9

|Cassie|

I didn't know my wish would come true, but I know for a fact that is not how I wanted it to actually happen.

It was around seven when Clarke was able to get onto the freeway. I couldn't stop staring at my phone, waiting for a text that would explain everything that just happened the last three hours in a half. Or maybe a text that will actually confirm that Kevin is actually a real person and he just has some doppelganger if some sort. That has to be it.

"Cassie you okay?" Clarke looked iver at me quickly.

I gulped down the lump that somehow formed on my throat. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired."

"You aren't getting out of going to the party that easy." She smiles.

"Eh, worth a shot." I say sarcastically.

The party, maybe I can get my night off Kevin, I mean William, then.

After two hours of driving, actually it was more an hour in a half, we finally pulled onto the road where Marcus's buddy lives. Clarke turned over the engine shutting it off and we both got out of the car.

"Be back here in an hour." Clarke told me.

"Deal." I yawn. That would be no problem for me, I don't wanna be in here in the first place.

Now I could say that this party was just like how movies and the books explain them to be. Wild teenagers drinking some sort of alcohol and breaking everything. Well, it wasn't hundred percent true.

There was alcohol by the smell of it, there were lots of people dancing and mingling with others, and from the looks of it a ton of game with some involving alcohol.

I walked over into the kitchen and examined the selections of drinks. It wasn't until I opened the fridge when I found a perfectly unopened apple juice just sitting there calling my name. I didn't see any empty cups that didn't reek of alcohol nearby so I just placed the apple juice back inside. Shutting the fridge once again.

"Cassie." I jumped and Marcus began to laugh. "This is the second time I've made you jump today."

I attempted to laugh it off, "I guess you should stop sneaking up on me then."

"I'm so glad you made it." He smiled. There was no smell of alcohol in his breath which was definitely a plus since I won't have to have a conversation with a drunken teenager.

"Do you mind if we go somewhere quieter to talk?" He asked, pointing to his ears.

"Yes." I yelled over the now loud music.

"Great, follow me." He said before making his way through the crowd of semi-drunk teenagers.

I followed him into another room where the music was only echoing off the walls.

"That's much better." He said turning to me.

I sat down on the stairs since my legs were absolutely exhausted after standing practically all day. Marcus sat down next to me. Close enough where our thighs were touching each other.

"So do you do things like this often?" I asked, making some sort of conversation.

"Actually no. Its just Brandon's older brother birthday party and I promised I'd come." He explains.

"That would explain how he was able to get a hold of the alcohol." I laugh awkwardly.

"Yeah. Im not a big drinker, let alone any drinker for that matter so I try my best to stay away from that." He smiled softly at me.