2 8

|William|

Lucas followed me as I pushed my way through the crowds of new yorkers angrily towards Zoe Hall's apartment. One part of me couldn't believe she would throw Cassie under the bus like that. Another part of me knew it would happen.

"Will!" Lucas screamed behind me. Turning a few heads. "You're not thinking this through!"

"I've done enough thinking!" I screamed back before pressing the glass door open hard.

"Nice to see you Mr. Everest." The hotel man greeted me with a smile. "What level?"

"Zoe's apartment." I gritted through my teeth. Folding my arms impatiently. Lucas sighed knowing he wasn't capable of changing my mind right now.

"Of course sir." He pushed the top floor button, taking us up.

I quickly showed myself into Zoe's apartment. It was a lot cleaner looking than I last remember. Pops of color everywhere ranging from yellow to different type of pinks surrounded by whiteness. Zoe looked up from her couch and lifted the computer off her lap and onto the coffee table.

"How could you do that!" I spat.

"Well hello to you too." She glared. Standing up to be eye level with me. I didn't bother looking down at the obviously sexy clothing she was wearing. She's always been comfortable with her body being a model and all. I'd be lying if I said she didn't look good because she did, but that wasn't real beauty. Not on my eyes.

She leaned over and saw Lucas standing behind me, "and hello Lucas. Long time no see."

She walked past me, giving me a giant whiff of her rosy scented perfume. Lucas crinkled up his nose at the smell.

"So how can I help you boys?" She asked, holding the whine glass filled with water she just filled. Taking a small sip.

"How could you do that to Cassie?" I asked in a civil matter. Knowing I won't get anywhere if I was yelling.

She tapped her chin knowing it made me even more angry, "I didn't do anything."

"You practically ruined her life." Lucas glared deciding he rather side with his best friend even though he's never met her before.

"I saved Williams career!" She said in defense. "If they found out he broke up with her," she gestures towards me with her wine glass, "you know what the headlines were gonna say. Hottest male star breaks up with a fan after two months of dating after winning Best Youngest Actor, player on the rise? He might as well take his career out to the trash right now and burn it since all those opportunities will disappear in thin air. Besides," she takes another sip from her water, "it's not like I'm lying. William barely has the courage to kill a spider let alone breaks some poor girl who's not even on the same playing field as him."

"Oh and you are?" I glare.

She smiled. "Yes. And once you leave everyone will know that me and you are actually meant to be."

"William we need to go." Lucas whispered. He nodded his head towards the open window.

I walked over and looked out the window. Noticing the black SUV pulling towards the apartment building.

"How did they know?" I mumbled to myself but apparently Zoe heard me.

She lifted up her phone with a grin, "I couldn't help but tweet out that the one and only William Everest is at my home."

"You're unbelievable." I spat, before showing my way out.

"Welcome to show business." She called before the door slammed between us.