Ch.24 Home Alone.

ALESSA POV

"What? Where are you going?" I asked Emman the moment I saw him packing his things. I decided to visit him because I don't have classes today.

He stopped for a moment to sit on the bed beside me.

"Relax AA, I'm just going to London for a while because I need to close a business deal there. Oh and attend a business conference as well" He said before leaning closer to kiss my forehead.

"You didn't tell beforehand that you're going there! and how long will you be away?" I said pouting.

"Just a month" he said before he continued packing his things again.

We understand each other's busy schedule, but I'm upset today because it's the first time that he will be away for a month and I already have plans for the both of us next week. It makes me sad every time my plan gets canceled.

"I have a favor to ask you" he said after a moment of silence.

"What is it?" I asked still pouting. I'm upset but that doesn't mean that I will decline his favor.

"Can you stay here with GG for a month?" I can't live with her. That's a major suicide and Janine threatened me to stay away from her, that bitch slapped my face last week and I don't want that to happen again.

"I can't" I said apologetically while shaking my head slowly.

"Why? I thought you two are fine? She won't be a bother I swear, I just want her to have someone with while I'm away" he explained anxiously.

I stood up and walked to where he is.

"But there are maids here and I'm sure that Janine will accompany her" I assured him.

"The maids will be on vacation and no one will be left here except her" He said sadly, he really love his daughter.

I don't want to stay in their house alone with Ginger because I'm not sure if I can control myself when she's around. I don't want to commit the mistake that I did last week.

"Ginger is a grown up now, She can handle herself just fine. I'll just talk to her at school to make sure that she's okay" I said while caressing his back to comfort him.

"Thank you" he leaned closer to hug me tight.

"I miss you already. We will start preparing our wedding as soon as I come back" He said between kissing my neck. I didn't respond to him, instead I closed my eyes.

I'm not excited anymore, I don't feel anything at all. My head is filled with thoughts of Ginger and how to despise Janine out of our life because she's a major threat for Emman and me.

"I will miss you too" I muttered between moaning because his hands are already inside my shirt.

I will not betray him anymore, I will not allow myself to fall for her daughter's charm once again.

                                    ♥

I was awakened by a message from Maya, she's asking if I'm already starting my thesis. I replied before standing up to pick my clothes that are scattered on the floor. I can't stay for the night because I need to do my thesis.

I scooted out of Emman's room as soon as I finished wearing my clothes. I didn't wake him up because I know that he will force me to at least dinner with him. It's already ten in the evening and I'm still not hungry, but I feel so thirsty so I decided to drink water in the kitchen.

I turned the lights on and I almost scream in fear when I saw Ginger sitting on the counter top while eating apple.

"Did you have a good time? Why didn't you take a shower?" She asked smiling between chewing. She's prettier when she smiles.