11

"Assalamu Alaikum." He greeted rubbing his hands nervously. He walked inside and was met with the angry faces of his elders, Tsoho, his father, hajiya yasmin and meema. "Good afternoon" he greeted cheerfully, but non of them answered. "Uhmm, is something wrong?" he asked in a tight shaky voice.

He looked at the crying meema, "what's wrong meema why are you crying? Did someone hurt you, just say his name, and i promise to go punch him really hard." he smiled.

"Shut up!" His dad yelled. He stood up and marched towards zayd. "You think you even have the right to punch someone for hurting your family members, yet you've got the guts to hurt someone else's daughter." he barked. "I'm seriously ashamed to call you my son wallahi." He added pacing around in the living room.

"I'm really ashamed of you zayd." Tsoho said, "you have always being one my favorite grandchildren zayd, I never even for once thought you could be this ruthless, you been my favorite was the reason i gave you that lady's hand in marriage thinking maybe you two would make a perfect couple. Little did i know that I've made a biggest mistake of my life."-"Will you be happy if another man treats Farha or Salma like that, will you be happy?" Tsoho demanded.

He was speechless, he knows what he did was wrong but he had no choice. He didn't want to be with anyone other than child and her mother.

He closed his eyes feeling very hurt by his father and grandfather's words.

"You left this country with malika and the little one leaving another person's daughter in so much pain. You left a newly wedded bride alone for two good months, without even bothering to check up on her. What if something bad had happened to her?"

"Stand up and get out of my sight before I do something that we would both regret." Tsoho shouted.

"I'm really sorry." He trembled, beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

"Get out!" Dad pointed at the door.

He stood up and was about to leave when his dad said, "I promise you if i ever hear or see you doing something like that again you will have to look for another parents because wallahi I'm going to disown you." Tears rolled down his cheek. He blames hanan for all of this. Why did she report him?

"I will also do the same and you will no longer be a part of this family, you will dead to all of us." Tsoho said.

He begged them to forgive him saying he promise to mend his ways. "You may leave." Hajiya yasmin firmly said. He once again asked for their forgiveness before leaving the house.

He didn't know what to do, he was speechless, sad and angry at the same time.

H a n a n

After crying for hours, hanan went down with a very high fever. She didn't eat anything through out today because dama she has not been feeling well.

She groaned, twisted and turned on carpet, when someone rang the doorbell.

Ya Allah who could it be again at this hour. She groan and headed towards the door feeling very dizzy. She leaned against the door for a moment to find her bearing, before pulling the door open.

The person she saw standing on her porch, made her heartbeat rapidly. Her breathed hitched and she almost lost her balance.
Zayd. 

She became speechless.

"You did a very good job, I'm really impress. Trying to get a father disown his own child for your sake, that's impressive." He glared at her. "I didn't beg you to marry me, I never said I wanted to, so why does it matter to you that you dare go and report me to my parents." He snapped.

"No I..." She started but he cut her off. "Just save it." He turned and was about to walk away when he heard a loud thud. He quickly turned and found her lying on the floor.

"Subhanallah." He knelt down and touched her forehead, she was burning with fever. He quickly picked her up in a bridal style and put her in the backseat of his car, and drove directly to the nearest hospital. They immediately took her to a room to examine her.

A few minutes later, he was summoned to the doctors office.

"Have a sit please." Doctor Ahmad pointed at a chair. "Thank you," he said and sat on the chair in front of the doctor.

"May i ask what your relationship with her is?" he asked. He was scribbling something on a notepad.

"S.. She's my..w...ife" he stammered and its not that he is afraid to call her his wife, it's that a part of him is ashamed to call himself her husband.

"Well sir, your wife is down with a high fever, and needs intensive care, but we have injected her with a few medications to help lower the fever." Doctor Ahmad said. 

"Ok, thank you doctor. Is there anything else that she might need?" He asked, "just take good care of her, and she will be okay insha Allah."

Zayd nodded and lowered his head for a moment before saying, "ok thank you doctor." "You are welcome." The doctor prescribed a few meds for her to be taking when she awakens.

When zayd left the doctors office, he strolled to the VIP suite where his wife has been admitted. He sighed and swung open the door. She was lying unconscious on the bed with an IV tube connected to her arm.

He walked and sat on her side, and stared at her for awhile. He then pulled out his phone and dialed salma's number.

After two rings, she picked up the phone. "ina wuni ya zayd."
"Lafiya salma uhmm.. I called you to let you know that hanan has been admitted at Turkish Hospital."
Salma gasped, "really yaya, toh we are on our way insha Allah."

He disconnected the call and looked back at hanan.

After about 25 minutes, salma texted him and told him that they were here, and he gave them the room number.

"Assalamu Alaikum." Salma salaamed as they walk into the room. He looked up and saw hajiya yasmin and umm zayd standing by the doorway.
"Good afternoon."

They didn't even look his way instead, they looked at the innocent hanan, "Allah sarki baiwar Allah er mutumchi, Allah ya baki lafiya kuma insha Allahu Allah zai saka miki da muguntan da ake miki." Hajiya yasmin prayed silently. She pushed hanan's hair from her face, and adjusted her turban.

"Kai kuma Kasani Allah ba makiyin kowa bane, you shall taste what you did to her." She added. "Kaka.." He started, but stopped when his father walked in. He turned to him, "Ba.. " baba gave him a look that made him shut up. 

"Hanan may Allah bless you and shower you with his blessings and sabr" Baba prayed staring down at hanan.

About five minutes later,

Hanan was still asleep, nobody spoke a word. They were all seated in awful silence. Baba cleared his voice, and finally decided to speak up.

Hope you liked this chapter, how do you feel about Meema exposing Zayd?

-Fatima🥀