42

H A N A N

The moment I saw Malika standing by my doorstep with a smile plastered on her face, I was beyond shocked because I've never seen malika smiling at least not to me but now she was totally smiling at me.

"Uhmm...welcome come on in" I step aside unsure of want to do.

I stretched my hand to collect afnan waiting for malika to walk past me but much to my surprise she passed afnan to me. Afnan looked super cute and adorable.

They walked into my living room downstairs which smelt like turaren wuta and I caught Malika looking around the house with an expression I can't fathom.

I went to the kitchen to get them something to drink. "Afnan!! How are you?" I asked the cute baby who just smiled at me as I kept her on the counter, opened my fridge, brought out and arranged some refreshments on a tray. I took it to living room and kept it on the centre table.

Zayd was just pressing his phone. She poured the drink for them both and passed to them. "Uhmm...Thank you," Malika muttered.
"No hanan I think you should take my share of the drink because my stomach is upset and I want to rest." Zayd said standing from the sofa and left for the upstairs.

"So it now makes the two of us." Malika said taking a sip of her drink.

"That's right" Hanan said unsure of what to say. "So I just wanted to say sorry for all the things I've put you through. First when you got married to zayd the first thing that came to my mind was that you are a gold digger and that you just wanted his money, but you proved me wrong. I did all that thinking I was protecting him, I'm so sorry for accusing you and for everything else." Malika finished the sentence looking at everywhere but Hanan.

Hanan shook her head thinking how terrible jumping into conclusions is, "I never held a grudge against you and of course I understand your situation, nobody would want his husband to get married again, but it's just that some people have a different way of showing their jealousy or should I say anger like you but if you have faith in Allah then all would be well. The co-wife would never disrespect you and the husband would also give you the respect that you deserve." Malika nodded.

"Allah forgives whoever asks for his forgiveness then who am I not to forgive you.. Uhmm?? I forgive you for the sake of Allah," she said with a smile. Malika smiled too, what they say about her is true after all, Hanan is a very nice person.

"You are the most generous soul I've ever came across. Thank you."

Afterwards

Hanan asked Malika to stay over for lunch, and she offered to help her prepare it. They made Chinese fried rice, Apple salad with a Rhubarb pie as dessert. They get along so well and they even found out they are very similar in some aspects.

Hanan went upstairs to call zayd while Malika arranged the table. Hanan was a bit skeptical about letting Malika alone downstairs but she let her.

Hanan entered their room and found zayd seated on the prayer mat, "Ya zayd lunch is on the table." She said expecting zayd to get up because a moment ago he came downstairs claiming he was hungry. Instead he pulled her down to sit on his lap, "Thank you so much baby, May Allah(S.W.T) bless you," he said, pulling her into a loving hug.