4: Rolling Dice

^^dedication to I_Make_Covers for the fantastic new cover :)

Hey guys :) here's chapter four - and on time, too! I made sure of that, even though it's my birthday :p

Also, 25,000 fans!!! WOW! Thank you so much :) Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! x

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4

Ever had that nauseating feeling where you text a guy you like for the first time?

Well imagine that; the twisting stomach so bad I almost need to pee, and the clammy hands, the racing mind. Deleting and retyping one text at least a dozen times.

Except it’s even worse – since I’ve never text a guy before, period. I have no idea what the protocol for this is.

I spend about twenty minutes trying to form a text to Dwight. It’s just gone five o’clock.

Right now, the screen on my cell phone reads ‘Hey! How’re you? I was just wondering what to do about meeting you later for the party :)’ and all I can do is stare at it, and wonder if it’s alright. Should I delete the ‘how’re you’, or should I add a kiss on the end?

I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know!

I drop the phone on my bed and run my hands through my hair, biting down on my lip to muffle a little scream of frustration.

Ping!

I freeze. Then I drop my hands. Then I open my eyes wide and stare at my phone. I think my heart actually stops beating for that moment.

I lunge for my phone, snatching it up and staring at the screen helplessly.

It’s sent the message.

I pressed the button to send when I threw my phone down. I hear a little whimper of worry escape my mouth, and my heart starts beating again, and beating hard.

I check the screen of my cell again – yep, it definitely sent the text to Dwight.

It takes a couple of minutes for the panic and anxiety to subside. It was probably the kind of thing I would’ve sent him anyway. If anything, it’s probably for the best I’d sent that on accident; I was being so irrational, and it isn’t even that big of a deal. I was being stupid.

Now all I have to do is wait for him to text back.

I remember he’d told me he was working the afternoon shift, so maybe he’s still in work and won’t text back for a while. That makes me feel a bit better about having to wait – like, there’s a good reason for me to have to wait.

So in the meantime, I go to my closet and pull out the outfit Jenna helped me to pick out. It’s a pair of teeny tiny shorts that only reach a third of the way down my thigh, light blue denim and kind of torn at the hem. Then a white camisole, with a low neckline that’s decorated with black lacey stuff. A pair of black sandals, and some gold bangles, and thin white hoodie – because according to Jenna, people won’t be too dressed up, and it might be cold, but I still want to look good.

I’m not sure about the camisole though. I mean, I haven’t got much by way of curves. Jenna always teased me (and actually still does) about being flat chested. Which is a little bit of an exaggeration, but not much.

Mom bought me this top. I wouldn’t have picked it out. I’ve always been way too insecure to wear low necks. It’s still true now.

But hey, Jenna may not have been to any beach parties, but she sure knows a heck of a lot more about parties and what to wear than I do.