13: Rolling Dice

I know you all had your theories on who slapped Madison's butt... (all Bryce, except for that ONE person who willed it to be Carter. You know who you are, Caddison shipper) so I'll let you find out ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13

I stand there for a moment, unable to react.

                Then, when it registers that yes, someone did actually smack my butt, my mouth falls open and I whirl around. I don’t know what I’m going to say, but I’m sure as heck going to say something to them, and it’s not going to be anything nice.

                But whatever sharp retort I was about to blurt dies on my tongue before I say it, and I freeze.

                Tiffany cracks up, giggling hysterically and something that feels a lot like relief floods over me, deflating my chest and making me laugh too.

                “You should’ve seen your face!” she giggles. She dabs a finger at the corner of her eye, wiping away any smudges of mascara or eyeliner that she’s got from laughing at me. “Oh, sweetie, I’m sorry, but that was funny.”

                I don’t say anything at first, because we both just laugh a little more.

                Then she jumps in before I can say anything, asking, “Where’ve you been all night? I haven’t seen you yet! Don’t you know you’re meant to greet the host?”

                I laugh. “I tried to find you, I swear.”

                “Not very hard.”

                “You’re right, I have been completely ignoring you all night, actually. Totally avoiding you.”

                She laughs again, and then puts a hand on her hip. “Nice dress. And you didn’t want to wear it why?”

                I shrug, smiling. “Thanks.”

                “Seen Bryce yet?” She waggles her perfectly sculpted eyebrows at me teasingly, and I shake my head, feeling a little embarrassed. “Don’t worry, I’ve got it all planned. Did you bring a bathing suit?”

                “A what?”

                “I swear I told you. I told Melissa.”

                I shake my head again. “No, you didn’t tell me to bring a – wait, why do I need a bathing suit?”

                “All part of the plan. Don’t worry, you can borrow one of mine if we need to implement stage three.”

                “What’s stage three? And for that matter, stages two and one?”

                Tiffany just laughs and taps her nose. Then she notices my soda can. “Not drinking?”

                “Nope.”

                She shrugs. “One less person who’s likely to throw up, I’m not complaining. Come on, let’s go meet some people.”

                And with that, she drags me off, linking her arm tightly through mine. I twist my head to call over my shoulder, “Nice meeting you guys! Bye!” then I trail after Tiffany, doing my best not to fall over.