- 1)

Clarissa/Clary Fray-Fairchild-Morgenstern
Chapter 1: Alec has to tell something
----

Clary's P.O.V

For the first time in months I was finally drawing again. Finally inspiration again. I don't know why.. but I felt the eager to make a portrait of someone. Max Lightwood, to be more specific. As far as I could say it in this time of the process, I think it is going well.

His eyes were standing quite well, I guess. I pull my earbuds out by the wire and sigh deeply. Still.. there was something missing. Maybe I should later look on it when I had drunk something. I stand up from my stool and walk downstairs.

I was living with Luke and my mother now. We lived in Luke's house next to his bookstore. He was still alpha of his pack and my mother was still a painter. I would soon turn 18 and maybe even leave the house to trade it for the New York Institute. Or maybe I will stay with my parents, who knows?

My bare feet on the wooden stairs make the steps squeak. I walk inside the small and o-so-familiar kitchen. The house was empty except for me. Jocelyn and Luke had an old friend they were visiting or something and I knew they rather visited them without her company. She didn't mind, she didn't have to stick her nose into everything.

I made some tea and sit down at the wooden dinnertable, nipping from my warm tea. My phone begins to buzz and I see that Isabelle is calling. I place my mug with tea on the table and grab my phone, taking the call.

"Hello Izzy, with Clary." "Clary! I had to tell you from Alec that he wanted you in the Institute." "Wait, Alec wants me at the Institute?" I wondered what Alec wanted. Their relationship was better then when they first met each other, but still. I thought he would rather go to Jace or Izzy earlier then to her..

"Yeah, he sounded quite nervous. He wants us all to meet in the library. Do you have time?" "Uhmm, yeah-yeah sure. Sorry, I mean.. yes, I'll come. Give me time to go there." "Of course, I'll tell Alec you're coming as well! See you soon then Clary." "See you soon Izzy, bye." I hang up.

I throw the last bit of cold tea inside the sink and write a note for Jocelyn and Luke. I have no idea how long it will take by the Institute and if I stay there after Alec has said what he wanted to say. In case I stay there quite long, I write a small note that I'm going to the Institute. 

I grab my denim jacket from the coat rack, stuff my phone and housekeys inside the pocket and leave the house, locking it. It was quite a long way from Luke's house to the Institute, but I made it within 15 minutes with use of a taxi.

The Institute was a stately, majestic building, having the vibe of a church from the outside. I see the weird looks of the taxidriver when I told him to drop me before the church, but he was just doing his job so he didn't ask me any questions. I open the black iron gate and close it behind me. My sneakers are nearly soundless on the cobblestone and the marble stairs towards the front door.

The Institute's doors opened for me as I have blood from Raziel. It indicated me as Shadowhunter so granted me entrance towards this building. I step inside the elevator and go upstairs.

Nobody was in the hall when I stepped out. Maybe everyone is in the library already? I quicken my pace and nearly run up the stairs towards the library. In my rush I throw the heavy double doors open.

When I entered I immediately felt the heavy and stern aura from the room. Like you entered the teacher's staff room when you were a student in trouble. "Sorry I'm so late.. it's not easy coming here from Luke's house." "Don't worry about it Clary," Alec sighed.

I take a better look at Alec, or more, his appearance. He had dark circles under his eyes, his hair looks messier then usual and he seemed sick. Was something wrong with him? I take a seat next to Jace and look at him, but Jace as well doesn't seem to know what Alec wanted to talk about.

"So.. now everyone's here.. what's wrong," asks Maryse. I just now notice that Maryse Lightwood was here as well. She looked always stern, but now she looks worried as well. She has a tight ponytail in her hair and wears a silvery coloured suit. 

Alec stands up and sighs, looking at his feet. This was heavy for him, you could see it from afar if you knew Alec a bit. He swallowed a lumb away and stared at each one of us. 

"Something is not alright with Magnus," Alec says.

----

Well, what did you think of the first chapter? What do you think is wrong with Magnus? Why would Clary draw paintings of Max? You guys can speculate, I mean.. I'm still the only one knowing how it will go, aren't I?

Have a great day, xx MidnightHerondale