- 5)

Jonathan/Jace Herondale
Chapter 5: Help?

----

Clary's P.O.V:

The woman looks surprised. Her eyes travel over us as if she's searching for him. "What's wrong with Magnus.. what have you done with him," asks the girl. Her voice has an angry undertone. Did she think this was our fault maybe?

"We don't know what's wrong with him. It is quite strange, I've never seen something like this before," Alec whispers. The woman looks surprised and sad. "Poor Magnus.. Okay, I'll see what I can do."

"We were asked by Magnus to search for a woman called Mary Stole. Are you her?" The woman laughed. "I have many names. Mary Stole is one of them. That's the name of the High Warlock of Amsterdam. I am also named Eve, Brooke, Delilah, Yasmin, Adelaide, Aurora, Isabella and many, many more."

"And what was your birthname," asks Maryse. Mary looks down at her feet as if this thought depressed her. "Asmodea Azalea," she sighed. Asmodea.. that reminded me of something. I frown my eyebrows and look at the others.

Alec takes a step forward. "Are you a daughter of Asmodeus, Asmodea?" "NEVER CALL ME THAT NAME AGAIN," Mary yells, "It's a cursed name.. I never use it. Never say that name again, the kids here believe that.. that Greater Demons can not impregnate humans. Especially not one of the Princes of Hell, as they are bound to the Hell."

"So you lied to them," asks Jace bluntly. I poked him with my elbow hard between his ribs and Mary snarls at him. "I lied to protect them! They don't need to know what for monster my father was.. is.." "But with Asmodeus as your father, you're basically Magnus' sister," Izzy asked.

She shrugged. "Magnus and I met on a party of a warlock named Aldous Nix. He introduced me, as Aldous was a friend of mine. He was my tutor, my guardian when I found out that I was a warlock who would never age.. never grow up.. grow old with someone... Well, everything melodramatic left aside, Aldous knew who my father was. He helped me with the summoning ritual in which I wanted confirmation of my heritage. Only my story is a lot worse then that of Magnus.."

I see that Jace wants to ask what she meant with it, but I shake my head. Asking her that brings us nowhere closer to healing Magnus. "I don't want to sound rude, but can you help Magnus? He seems really terrible at this moment." 

"I can try, I can not promise anything." Mary's eyes lit up. "Maybe we shouldn't talk about these manners in the hallway of a mundane apartment complex. Come inside." She turned her back to us and walked inside.

"If I was into girls, I would definately want her," Izzy muttered into my ear. I giggle softly, following the others inside. The door closes softly behind us, clicking. It was on lock. I guess we really need to trust this girl, as she just locked us up inside her home..

We walk inside the living room. It was big with a lot of white, black and grey and large windows, giving a clear view on the busy city. Mary grinned. "It's nice here, I still like Amsterdam better. But the smell is here better." "Why," asks Maryse. Mary chuckled now. "Because it doesn't smell here like weed on the streets. Well, usually it doesn't."

On the white couch sits a young girl. She has a snow white skin with filthy blonde hair in a fishtail braid. Her eyes were bright blue and there was some sort on skin between her fingers, like with frogs. That skin was snow white as well, veins clearly visible through the thin skin.

She looks up at us with frowned eyebrows. The fuchsia toddler sits by her feet, together with two other toddlers and a small woman of maybe 15. The woman has short, black hair, poisongreen eyes without a pupil. It was just only poisongreen. According to her eyes, she had Asian backgrounds.

One of the toddlers was a boy with dark skin and short, black curly hair. He had small hands like claws. The other toddler was a girl with fiery, orange red hair and small wings on her back. They all watched the new persons, entering their home.

"Wow," I gasp.