- 7)

Femme Delancey Devoux
Chapter 7: What Mary says and backstories
----

Mary's P.O.V:

"We have to summon a demon. According to the poison in the bite, I might have an idea who to summon." "Who then," asks Alec.

He was even paler then all these days before. Knowing the exact cause of Magnus sickness might not have helped him. I can't help it though, I am doing just my job. By the way, I care for Magnus. He teached me many things and I teached him many things. We were the only descendants, the only offspring, of Asmodeus still excisting on this Earth. We are connected.

"We have to get Femme," I say to them. The Nephilim snap their heads to me and frown their eyebrows in confusion. I roll my eyes. "I am sure that it was Femme's father who poisoned Magnus. She said that if the moment came that I had to summon her father, Ygliaas, that she wanted to stand next to me. That she wanted to show her father that she didn't stand next to him."

"That is the stupidest idea I ever heard. That child could get in danger," Jace snapped. I roll my eyes again. Typical Nephilim, think they can do everything and we Downworlders nothing. That we should leave these kind of things to our 'angelic protectors' and stay out of it for the rest. Well, I let him see that nothing is as it seems.

"To be clear, Femme has more experience in this then you and she is older," I snap. The Herondale-boy looks confused. Ugh, that face seems to be inheritable. Even James pulled sometimes that one off. Although he had beautiful amber eyes, my favourites, it never worked on me. 

"She is a warlock. She stopped aging at her 16th birthday.. 14 years ago. So shut up." I turn my back to him and look at Magnus. Dried sweat covered his face and he didn't wear his famous make-up or nailpolish. He even wore boring, baggy clothes. Yep, definately life-threateningly sick.

I walk out of the bedroom of Magnus and look to the hallway. There they stand. They felt like the children I would never be able to give birth to. It was hard and felt so terrible, but she could live with it.

I had Emily, my first warlock ward. She was abandoned by her father when she was dropped by his apartment. His wife had screamed and yelled that a witch was dropped before their door and that her husband had cheated on her. The man had tried to get rid of the child, but no use. Eventually I found her when I visited Rotterdam, where they lived. I saw in one blink of an eye what was going on and took Emily with me to Amsterdam. When I went to leave for Marseille, in France, she went with me.

After that we had Femme. Femme had been a teenage girl, bullied by everyone because of her weird poisongreen eyes. It was only poisongreen with eye white, nothing else. Still.. Femme was such a cute girl. So kind, so nice and so.. so innocent and fragile. I never handled such a delicate girl. When I gave her the chance to escape, she went to say goodbye to her family. She had to leave 6 brothers and sisters and her parents. It had been painful and sometimes she still looked at her brothers and sister, who were all ticking the 40's and were married and had kids. Something Femme would never be able to get.

When we had left for Spain we met Roman. His mother was an alcoholic and abusive. When I found him, it was already too late. Roman had cried and screamed after he accidently killed his mother, who tried to cut his throat with a knife. He had done this, according to what the woman had screamed. She had beared a monster and he would pay for it. I had lifted and caressed Roman into my arms and took him with me, Emily and Femme onto my journey. That time I was still Eve Johanna Serpentis. Serpentis suited me well, I thought.

And poor... poor Dion. When he was young his mother was killed because of bearing him. Their town was very religious and thought he was the child of Satan, a demon who had to be killed. They were half-right. They had locked Dion up in a basement. Of course warlocks heared of the killings of mothers of warlocks. This one simply caught my attention, so I moved my small family towards Italy. We came just on time to save him from being killed the next day. Femme had blown up the wooden hatch to the basement and I lifted the crying Dion. 

As last of our family we got Caitlin. It was only a couple of years ago, so I still remember it all too well. Her stepfather was a mayor and hated everyone who acted differently. Well, then he didn't know his own daughter. Caitlin loved to fly with her own wings when she was two. One day her father threatened to cut them off and burn the wounds shut. From that day Caitlin stopped flying.. and talking to anyone. People thought she was born mute. Two years later we came to München, where they lived. I heared how her father spoke of her to his staff. Like she was nothing but another thing he had to deal with. It ached my heart, so I took Emily with me and kidnapped Caitlin. Caitlin only loved it that she could fly again..

"Femme, can you come with me, bien-aimé?"