- 6)

Isabelle/Izzy Lightwood
Chapter 6: The children and concluding
----

Clary's P.O.V:

Mary turns to the five children. "Maryse Lightwood, Alexander Lightwood, Isabelle Lightwood, Clarissa Morgenstern," I flinched," and Jace Herondale.. these are my wards. These are Emily, Femme, Roman, Dion and Caitlin."

"Wie zijn dit, Mary,"(Who are they, Mary) asks Emily. "Dit zijn vrienden, niks om bang voor te zijn,"(These are friends, nothing to be afraid of) answers Mary with a smile. It seemed like she really cared for them.

Mary signs us to sit down and the small toddler called Dion stumbles over to me and claws at my leg. "Dion, stop," Mary commands. The toddler looks with cute, pouting lips at her but sits down. With a loving smile I lift him onto my lap. Jace watches me with a surprised expression on his face.

I shrug at him. "He's cute," I say, stroking through the hair of the small toddler. Mary lays her hands on the shoulders of the Asian girl. I believe she was Femme. "I will look at Magnus for you. Where can I find him?" "In our hotel. We can bring you there if you'd like that," asks Alec.

Mary smiles at him. "I have no problem in finding my ways here in London. I will take the children with me, maybe they can help as well." "Wat zeg je Mary,"(What are you saying Mary) asks Emily, eyeing us uncomfortably. She holds the toddler girl, Caitlin, and the fuchsia toddler called Roman closer to her.

Mary translated it for them into quite some different languages: French for Femme, Dutch for Emily, Spanish for Roman, Italian for Dion and German for Caitlin. I look uncomfortably at the others, waiting until Mary was ready.

The children grabbed all different things together and stood in a perfect row before our group. The children put on their jackets and zip them shut. Mary comes from her study with a doctor's case in her hands.

"Let's fix a sick warlock guys," she says with a childish grin. The others yell in excitement. 

We leave for the hotel. Alec got our roomkeys and opened the door to Magnus' bedroom. We all slowly walked inside and Roman wanted to touch Magnus, but Femme grabs his hand and pulls him back.

"Non non, Roman, ne pas,"(No no, Roman, do not) Femme sighed. I have no idea what she says, as I don't speak French. Mary walks forward and leans over Magnus' unconsciouss body. "He doesn't seem well.."

She places her fingers on his neck, searching for a heart beat. She sighed deeply. "Wha-what's wrong," asks Alec worriedly. His mother lays a calming hand on his shoulder, but he shakes it off. Mary shows Alec a weak smile. "He lives. It's more then I thought.. normally people die within three days of this sickness. I guess it's because of.. of the strength of his father."

I noticed that she didn't say our father. She probably didn't want to mention him in the presence of the children. Femme slowly walks over to Magnus side and looks at him. "Can we help, ma'am?" "No Femme, there is nothing you children can do. Let me fix this.. why don't you and Emily get Dion, Caitlin and Roman and go with one of the Lightwoods? Or the Herondale boy or the Fairchild lady?" 

Caitlin tugs at my jeans and I look down at her. "What is it sweetie?" "You are beautiful," the toddler says with a smile. I blush wildly and look around, searching for support. Mary smiles at me, Femme as well. "You are more beautiful than any girl, ma'am Fairchild," Femme admits. I blush even more.

Jace pecks my cheek. "They are true, Clary." "Oh, shut up," I mumble, pushing him playfully away. In the meanwhile Mary had turned her face and attention back to Magnus. Her eyes widen. "Kids.. leave this place." "But Mary-" "No Femme. Emily, take everyone except the guests out." Emily takes everyone except the Lightwoods, Jace and me outside.

"Listen, I don't have very good news," Mary begins. A cold shower drips over me, making my body become like eyes. My stare goes blank. "Wh-what is it," asks Maryse. Even she looked afraid of her 'news'.

Mary sighs. "I'm sorry to say it, but a demon is trying to weaken Magnus. A demonic sickness coming from a demon, to be more specific. If the demon is strong and fed, the sickness can worsen. If the demon who gave him this is weak or hungry, the sickness weakens." "And if the demon is dead," asks Alec grimly.

"Then Magnus will never become better," says Mary harshly. "B-but then the demon has no control anymore.. wouldn't it be better then," asks Jace. "No, as the demon is also the only remedy. If you kill him, Magnus will stay like this.. forever. Until he dies of starvation, of course," she says. As if it was the most normal case ever..

"How did this happen," asks Alec. "Probably a demonbite. Magnus is too strong to be influenced by demonic interruption of his mind. He can withstand his father, so this wouldn't be difficult for Magnus to stand against. What I guess is that a demonsummoning went wrong and that Magnus sent it back to Hell, but he got bit in the process." "And what can we do," I ask.

Mary smiles. "Make contact with the demon and force him to let go off Magnus. That would work, and I can help."