Chapter 12 - Discoveries

Donny stood at the front of Willow’s it was still closed but he could not sleep. Tanya was staying with Carlos’s family whilst everyone was underground. The Irishman took over all the duties of running the pub and now had five guards on at all opening times. No expense was spared, with business still booming they could afford it; since Samuele was there.

  He noticed a black car parked in the car park with three Koreans inside. Donny finished his beer and walked over to the car, all three immediately climbed out of the car and surrounded him. The Irish man quickly jabbed the first man in front of him in the throat and brought his elbow back cracking the second in the eye. The third one quickly raised his hands to surrender, but Donny unloaded a combination of punches dropping him to the ground, he kicked the fallen victim in the jaw causing blood to spurt out from his mouth.

  The Irishman proceeded to beat the other two to a pulp until they had nothing left. He walked back to the entrance and grabbed his empty glass, before going inside and locking the door behind him. Donny filled the mop bucket up and started mopping the floors and cleaning up the place ready for another big day ahead.

  “Good morning,” Samuele said.

  “Morning. Where are you off to?” Donny asked, noticing the keys in Samuele's hands.

  “I got to go take care of a couple of things.”

 “We’re not suppose to go anywhere,” Donny said.

  “I’m a made guy. I got to make my collections.”

  Donny knew going to the mattresses always put everyone under financial strain.

  “Want me to come with you?” Donny asked, straining the mop.

  “No it’s okay, I’ll be back in a couple of hours.”

  “Be careful, I had to rough up a couple of Koreans at the front,” Donny held up his bloodied knuckles.

  “Shit, how many?” Samuele asked.

  “Three.”

  Samuele checked his gun and put it in his jacket pocket ready.

  “You going to be back before open?" 

  “Of course,” Samuele assured him.

  Salvatore had both hands on the wheel as they drove slowly through a ghetto neighborhood. Sin sat in the front passenger seat, and Alonzo Junior waited nervously in the back.

   “Who exactly are we looking for?” Alonzo Junior asked.

  “Guy they call Rags. Keep an eye out he will be dressed better then most of the people here. He has a scar all the way down one side of his face,” Sin said.

  “Which side?” Alonzo Junior asked.

  “I don’t fucking know just look for a guy with a scar on his face.”

  Salvatore turned a corner that led down a street full of housing commission homes. People leaned against fences, children played on the road, and a patrol car even came driving out of the street.

  Sin pointed out three guys standing around talking at the end of the street, as they drew closer Sin recognized the young drug dealer Rags. He was wearing a nice leather jacket, dark jeans, and sneakers; the other two men looked like they could pass for homeless.

  “Pull over and we’ll wait for these scumbags to leave,” Sin ordered.

  They waited until the other two guys both gave Rag’s a wannabe gangster handshake and walk off. Salvatore started he van and they drove casually down along side the footpath. Rags did not pay attention to the van and stayed where he was just staring into space. Salvatore stopped the van and Sin walked around the front and greeted Rags. The dealer was surprised, but still shook Sin’s hand.