Chapter 9 - Edit soon

It happened ten years ago.

The day starts off with Nafeer pack members busy with decorations and preparation in the main dining hall. The twinkle of fairy lights they had hung created a perfect colorful kaleidoscope on the wall and every window was opened to let in the smell of fresh earth and wildflowers. Some are busy with hunting whilst others prepare ingredients for cooking later. The enthusiasm they have on their faces for tonight never falters. It's the birthday celebration for their Alpha.

Aedalric Yves is a patient man and never turns down if someone needs his help. The man is reliable and much respected in the Úlfr kingdom including the royal family. His eyes are hazel and his hair was black as night. The body he had would make women drools on the path he walks though he's already been taken by a fired beauty. Among his fellow male members, he was the tall and radiated dominant power. The man rarely shows people his emotion but for his mate, it's a different matter. He and his warriors just finished hunting two deer for tonight when a certain red-haired woman waved at him happily from the kitchen door.

Her eyes never left him and she licks her lips as she takes in his sweaty body. His heart swells with pride and he couldn't resist the lust taking over him and his wolf. She even looks delectable in her yellow-sunny dress. She had tied her red hair in a bun and after twenty years of being together, her beauty never fades. His smile widens when she eagerly hugged him and gives him a passionate kiss. She hummed in response and love the way he tightens his arms around her. The tenderness in her blue eyes resembles a deep ocean and the smiles on her face make the angels in heaven weep with jealousy.

Isabelle Reyn Yves, Luna of Nafeer Pack. Mother to both Alaric and Alareyn. She just finished making lunch with the members and the preparation went well. Suddenly a voice comes from behind them, "Mama! Papa!"

Both eyes are on their youngest son whose turning thirteen this year. Alareyn looks so innocent with his sparkly blue eyes and short black hair. The goofy smile he wears never drops once. He just finished his ice cream and wanted to ask for one when his brother scares him with a boogey mask. You could hear him screaming for miles and quickly ran to his mother. Alaric was busy holding his stomach and laughing when his mother shows up beside him. He stops and gulped.

One thing you should know about eighteen-year-old Alaric is he's afraid of his own mother. The anger she had is tenfold worse than his father's. Aedalric couldn't help his son who's getting scolded now. After she finished, Alaric quickly apologizes to his little brother. Their father grinned and hugged Isabelle from behind.

"They're making up quickly," he said as their sons took another ice cream and went to watch a movie. The scent of roses from her hair stirs his hunger, "I'm hungry."

She laughed at his sudden outburst, "We're making baked potatoes, chicken grilled with mushroom and black pepper sauce, Caesar salad, baked salmon with-"

He turns her face and shut her mouth with his lips. Fireworks burst in her stomach and she never gets tired of the feeling. They locked lips until both of them are breathless, "What's that for?"

He smirks and bites her ear, "I'm hungry for something else, mate."

The rosiness on her cheeks indicates she understood completely. He chuckles when she buried her face in his chest. His mate is still shy even after years of sweet lovemaking they shared. He finds that cute about her. Nevertheless, he's happy now. He had family and the happy ending he craved for a long time. And nothing could change that.

However, a dangerous shadow is about to snatch their happiness away.

The night of the celebration went successful and they all happily eat the food when suddenly, a bloody scream shocks them all. On the doorway of the dining hall, the patrols returned with a dead comrade in their arms. All of them were wounded from top to bottom.