Chapter 16 - Edit soon

"Why the sudden change of schedule?"

The young queen and her royal beta were standing not too far from Alareyn's room. There are not many people around and they can have a quiet discussion without getting interrupted. There are warriors situated outside her mate's room just in case something happens but her focus is not on her mate right now. It's the sudden request to return back to her pack by Micah, her royal beta and Phoebe's mate, making her confused.

Phoebe looks conflicted, "You have found your mate, Your Highness. Everyone already knows. The pack members are excited and happy for you but they worried about yours and your mate safety. We are twelve hours away from Lupus pack, making it hard to call for backup if something happens. I'm not doubting the Nafeer's defenses against any threat, but this is just a precaution. What is your decision, Your Highness?"

Gwyneth clasps her hand together and looks out the window. The news of her found her mate and saving hundreds of people from rogues travel fast in her kingdom. Thanks to Nafeer assistance and health department, the prisoners were nursed back to health and taken refuge in the main hall. At the request of her highness, nearby Alphas will take some of them as pack members in two weeks time so no one will be left out.

Remember the matters at hand, she glances at Phoebe, "I would like to stay longer for Alareyn's sake. He had returned to his family and pack after years trapping in that god awful place," her knuckles turn white as the image of his bloody body haunts her, "And I'm not going to take that away from him. He deserves to spend time with them before I take him back to our pack. Can you tell this to Micah?"

Her beta bowed with a smile, "Of course. My mate will understand. And I'll bring some food for you two later before nighttime." Then she left.

Alareyn turn to the door when his mate walked in. The tension he saw before had left her body and it relieved him to see her smile at the sight of him. He scoots over his right and left a space for her. Gwyneth takes in the hint and climbs on the bed. He pulls her closer after she wraps her arms around his waist and snuggles against him.

They were both in silence and he decides to break it, "Gwyneth?"

"Hmm?"

"What did you and your friend talk about?" He asked.

She stiffens and looks into his eyes, "I guess there's no point hiding it." She took his hand and hold onto it, "My betas want us to be safe and I appreciate their concern. But I want you to spend time here before we go back to Lupus."

"Lupus?" he tilts his head, wondering what it is.

The mention of her pack brought a big smile on her face, "It's my pack. Well now that I've found you, it's our pack." His heart swells with pride, making him squeeze her hand and wait for her to continue, "Lupus Pack is located in the center of Úlfr Kingdom and hold more than ten thousand pack members. Humans and our kind had lived peacefully together side by side despite the differences."

"Te-ten thousand is a lot. H-how you handle them?" He asked her.

She smiled and draw a pattern on his palm, "I divide them into groups and each group has its own leader. It's easier to handle that way. If I'm not satisfied with their reports, I would personally go down and check on it myself or have Phoebe check on them if I'm too busy."

"W-what does you- our pack looks like?"

Her smiles brighten, "A vast city with humans and werewolves working together, making the City of Lupus neutral. But their living space would be in a different territory which separates the two kinds. The city has multiple shops, restaurants, parks, gardens and the famous view of the mountain of Lupus where the Elders are residing."