It Hurts

Mousey entered my room with clothes and under garments. "Why are you doing this?" I asked getting off the bed, my hands holding my towell up.

"Well I'm a maid here first off,"

"A maid?" I interrupted grabbing the clothes she handed to me. She smiled and ducked her head.

"Yes, King Brewer does things differently around here, being a maid isn't a terrible job it's actually quite an honor."

"King?" I asked amazed how someone like him could have reigned so well they accepted and saw him as a king.

"Yes, a king. We wolves here acknowledge that he is the rightful ruler of the land. His kingdom is growing, he might be ruthless at times," She glanced warily at my burn, "but he will always protect everyone and is a fair ruler." It was hard to believe that someone like him was a fair ruler.

A knock at the door interrupted our conversation. "Come in," Mousey hollered over her shoulder putting clothing into the wooden closet. I laid the clothes she had given me on the bed and hiked my towel up farther. A young man walked in through the door shutting it before looking up, His smile was contagious and beautiful to say the least.

He held a bigger white box with a handle, a red cross plastered on the front. My smile turned into a frown and I took a step back making a bigger space or him to be in. "Hello, you must be Maven," I nodded and he grabbed my hand lifting it to his lips placing a small kiss on the back of it. "It's a pleasure to meet you," I blushed, I couldn't help but imagine what it would be like if he was my mate. I felt a twinge of pain in my heart so I disregarded further thoughts on that subject. "Doctor Cohart."

"Doctor," I nodded my head to him, and he motioned for me to sit on the bed. I followed in suit, he laid his bag on the side of me, pulling out some gloves. His hands touched my collar bone, and around the burn, I hissed as his finger grazed it. He looked into my eyes and then touched it again, this time a stifled the groan.

"I need to clean it, and it's going to hurt." Doctor Cohart stated, I nodded thinking of how bad the pain might be.

"It will be nothing compared to what I've felt before," I gave him a small smile when he frowned at what I said. Rummaging in his bag he pulled out a little clear bottle, with water liquid inside. I wasn't young enough to still think it was water, I know vodka when I see vodka. He opened the bottle and prepared himself in a stance to pour this on the wound but also to hold me down from struggling.

"At least give me a sip," I tried to lighten the mood. Mousey had gotten on the bed behind me her fingers rested on my shoulders.

"You're under age, that's illegal." Doctor Cohart stated his eyebrows furrowed. I shrugged, grabbing the bottle.

"No one has to know," I took a sip and the burn blasted down my throat. If my sinuses were clogged they surely weren't now. I handed the bottle back not before coughing. I laid back into the bed and Mousey's hands held me down. I closed my eyes but sensed the doctor stepping up over me.

I grunted as the vodka hit my burn, I swear I heard a sizzle. Mousey was stronger than I expected, she held me down as I struggled beneath her. My estranged yell was something I would laugh at if it hadn't come from me. I calmed down once the pain subsided.

"Are you okay?" Doctor Cohart asked me, I nodded as Mousey pet my hair in an attempt to calm me more. He leaned into his bag and pulled out some gauze and medical tape. Once the burn was covered he took a step back to look at me.

"Katara, told you had more," he mentioned nodding to my body. I hesitated but nodded adjusting the towel around me. "May I?" He asked motioning to the towel. I murmured a small yes and stood up. His hands took one part of the towel and opened it up slightly. Then more to reveal the bruise that ran down my side.