Fin

I woke before Brewer and quickly got out of bed. Making my way to breakfast I looked at the diner doors. Deciding to grab the bull by the horns I made a left and made my way to the kitchen. 

"Maven what are you doing?" Katara looked up at me. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the pantry shutting the door. 

"I want to kill him."

"What?" She asked holding my hands in hers. 

"If I kill him what happens to me?" I ask making sure to whisper.

"We have a cabin for you, on unclaimed land. Soldiers have opted to protect you for the rest of your life while you live there. You'd be fed and free." 

"I want to kill him....Tonight." 

Katara nodded, "I will set it up. You must go to bed early, make sure he doesn't go into your stuff in the bathroom. In your night time lotions and creams will be a small silver blade. You have to slice his throat. Maven, please don't fail us this time." 

"I won't" 

I left the pantry and worked my way to the Dining room. Brewer was eating already so I sat down next to him, making sure to place my hand on his thigh. I ate so slowly he finished before me and excused himself, saying he had business to attend too. I finished my breakfast and made way for night fall making sure to quickly attend to all my duties.  

As soon as the clock hit 8 I made sure to be in the dinning room, Brewer on my side.  I quickly finished dinner, giving Brewer a peck on the cheek. I ran up to my room and checked the supplies in my nightly lotions. Sure enough a blade was there. 

"Maven?" Brewer called for from the room. 

"Coming!" I shouted hiding the blade and quickly joining Brewer.  "What is it?" I ask not meeting his eyes. 

"I was hoping to retire early with you." He snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me close to him. 

"Of course." Profanities filled my head as we walked to bed together. A make out session was the first compelling move to make but after presumed sexual activities occurred. I moved my clock on my night stand. 1:00. great. I removed Brewers arm from my side, accidentally waking him up. "I just have to pee." 

Brewer groaned and turned over. I ran into the bathroom and quickly did my business, silently I lifted the jar of cream and grabbed the silver blade slipping it into my sleeve. I tip toed back to bed and silently slipped in. I slowly slipped my arm around Brewer and he turned back over and pulled my close to him. With the arm that wasn't crushed I timelessly grabbed the blade from my sleeve.

As Brewer continued to sleep I readied the blade to his throat and in a surge of power I sliced it across his throat. Brewers eye's bulged open and he grabbed my wrists. I screamed as he tried to talk but these guttural noises that came out instead. Blood spilled from his mouth instead of air and as I tried to get away his grip loosened. 

I slammed my body against the wall and gasped for air as Brewer started to slouch and finally stopped breathing. Katara barged into the room and saw me bloodied against the wall and Brewer bleeding out on the bed. 

"Let's go!" She grabbed my hand and ran through the hallways finding some type of back door for me to run through. Sirens starts to sound through the castle. Katara led me to a knight on a horse.  She and the knight helped me on with him and I grabbed his waist from behind. "He will protect you for now, stay safe! I'll meet you in a couple day's time." 

The knight ushered the horse to start running and I buried my head into his back, sobbing. The horses feet pounded against the ground, my now calmer cries synced with the horses hard breathing. My fingers strained to hold on as tight as I could, images flooded my head. Brewer's open eyes and his ragged breathe. Blood still soaked my face and the front of my chest. I removed my face from the soldiers back and tried to see if I smeared blood on his back but it was too dark to see. 

The sirens sounding  from the castle slowly start to fade into the distance. I release my grip slightly from the soldier as we slow down. Far enough from the castle where the sirens were nothing more then a figment of my imagination. Finally the horse was walking, I'm not sure for how long but soon the sun started to rise over the mountains we trekked on. 

Once we arrived at the small cabin I slowly opened the doors and found the shower instantly. The blood dripped off my along with the water. Although there wasn't soap I rubbed enough so the only thing on my skin was the stain and the redness from the friction burn. Once out of the shower I laid on the bed and my eyes shut instantly. 

"Maven, honey." Katara shook my shoulder waking me up. 

"Katara?" I sat up and rubbed my eyes trying to adjust them to the light. I had slept for a whole day. "I'm home."

"You're home Maven. I brought you supplies and I'm staying until your settled and sound." Katara sat next to me in the bed and pet my hair. 

"Why did he kill her... Remy." I barely said above a whisper. The fact hadn't sunk in yet. Remy was gone. My beautiful little girl was gone because of him. I put my face in my hands and started to sob. 

"Oh honey. I have you." Katana held me and tried to comfort me. "He needed a first born son to complete the linage. It's almost frowned upon to have a daughter first." This couldn't soothe my feelings, I was alone. He took everything I had. 

"When playing Kings and Queens. Sometimes you must play the king."                                                                                        

---------

Fin