Eight: Cause I'm a little unsteady

An hour later and the pack has assembled. Stiles still isn't awake but Isaac watches over him as Derek paces. Isaac thinks he shouldn't be able to track the veins in Stiles like he can, it's not healthy.

Stiles hasn't been healthy for a long time, he reminds himself.

"What happened?" Scoot demands as he sweeps into the room. His eyes are worried but his face is angry.

Derek doesn't stop pacing as he says, "We don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" Scott snarls because dammit, his best friend looks dead.

"It means we have no idea what's going on until Stiles wakes up," Isaac says tiredly.

"Are you okay?" Scott asks his friend. Isaac nods, frowns, then shakes his head.

"It was scary," he breathes. "Man, it was scary." Scott nods in understanding. He'd heard Stiles heartbeat during English: he'd been terrified too.

Derek leans on the wall, his thoughts far away. The pack slowly gather round the table, very obviously trying to glance discreetly at Stiles. Derek rolls his eyes.

"Yes, we're all worried about Stiles, but there's something else we need to focus on at the moment." He must be lying, he thinks, because every instinct he has is telling him to make sure his human is okay.

"Like what?" Lydia asks. "Is it the coven?"

"Unfortunately. Stiles was right, these guys mean serious business. We're gonna get no outside help. They're purpose here is unclear, but rumour has it they're looking for something."

Scott frowns. "Looking for what?"

"From the notes Stiles gave us, they're looking for someone."

"Who?"

"How should I know?" Derek snaps. "I'm not Stiles."

It's quiet after that, the words hanging in the air. It's too late to take it back but Derek wishes he could. They hear movement on the couch and Isaac's excited yip as he hugs Stiles tightly. Stiles looks frightened.

"Can I have a blanket?" He asks Derek quietly. The werewolf's forehead creases in concern but he complies, wrapping Stiles in a blanket as the teen slowly sits up.

Isaac supports him, his eyes sparkling in relief. "You're awake," he says.

"Really?" Stiles jokes. "I thought I was still asleep." He does actually think that but he doesn't say that to Isaac. He quickly counts his fingers, reassured that he's real.

"Are you okay?" For the first time, he realises Scott's in the room, his face worried. Stiles manages a smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

It's quiet for a few moments, awkwardness suffocating the room. Stiles notices, of course he does, he caused it just like he's caused all the pain in these last two months. He's still freaking and his blood is chilling even more because he can hear that laugh and he closes his eyes because it's not her, it's not her, it's not her-

"Stiles." It's Derek. Standing right in front of him. The werewolf still has his features schooled into a neutral sort of curious but Stiles knows deep down, Derek is scared. Just like him, just like everyone. Derek plays pretend.

"I'm fine." He sounds overly bright even to himself and he winces because he knows he's probably just blown any sort of cover he had. "Honestly."

Derek sighs. "Stiles, you had a panic attack."

"It's not unusual."

"You wouldn't calm down," Isaac says quietly. "Stiles, you know I can usually calm you down but I couldn't."

"It won't happen again." It's the wrong thing to say but Stiles is still shaky because he can see her. He counts his fingers but he's awake and she's still there. It's back in his head.

Isaac is the first to notice his dilemma. "Stiles," he begins cautiously. "What do you see?"

"Werewolves," Stiles says, sarcastic even in his insanity. "And a banshee and a douchebag who should be dead." Peter growls, but Stiles ignores him and continues. "I see tables and the floor and some really weird lights and-" Derek's look cuts him off and he sighs. "I see her."

Derek's face crumples into confusion but Isaac has gone really still and really pale and Stiles knows he's pieced it together. "See who?" Derek presses, not yet noticing how Isaac looks green now, his eyes wide and watery.

Stiles just sighs. "Allison," he says finally. "I see Allison."