A Morning Mission

A/N: This is my first fanfiction of ShikaTema in English version and English is not my native language so... I apologize if it has some weird grammar. Feel free to comment.pls

I DO NOT own Naruto story.

[Hold her hands and watch the sun rise... well, it should be romantic!?]

Chunin exam is always been troublesome.

"Wow, you are an early bird huh? Shikamaru?" Nara Yoshino, his mom teased him when she saw he dressed up in early hour. She was almost joy unless she reminded why his lazyass son had to wake up early "Ah... Chunin exam hm? Tell me will you come home tonight?" her voice was so cold.

"I can't tell, mom"

"I know it can't help but at least you should bring it back home. It's not good to stay in the office all night alone."

"I'm not alone..." Shikamaru murmured almost soundlessly.

"What did you just say?"

"Nah! nothing! I gotta go..."

"Wait! Shikamaru!"

Well, he didn't want to be interrogate at this moment. It's really a drag.

---------

The dark hair man at the front of the entrance gate of Konohagakure covered his mouth by his hand when he yawned and yawned again after 10 minutes left. He was here for hours. Doing nothing but wait. It made Kotetsu and Izumo wonder. Then, reallised that Nara Shikamaru didn't wait his team to go out for their mission but waited someone from the outside for his mission.

The gatekeepers reminded that lad never came early or late than 10 minutes since he was genin. He always muttered whoever came late after him with his usual word 'what a drag...' Everyone in the village knew it. However, they never knew it's always different when it was an escort mission.

Especially, escort 'the kunoichi from the Sunagakure' mission.

"You always arrive in time." He yawned again and started to speak when he saw the silhouette of the woman with her unique weapon. No complaining word about waiting for hours. Suddenly, The gatekeepers recorded something in a document without looking at the new comer.

09.23 a.m. - Sabaku no Temari

"You'd better thanks that I'm not a lazyass like you, crybaby" Her confident smile made he sighed loudly.

"Seriously? stop digging up the past, troublesome woman. Anyway, I've never been late." That's true... Temari couldn't argue. He never let her wait for him in front of the gate. "So, How long have you stayed here this times?"

"Till the exam ends. I don't want to travel back and forth. It'll waste a lot of time... Why?"

"Well, nothing's important."

She didn't ask anything. They walked along the street to the Hokage office for reporting her arrival.

"You guys already knew your duties. So... go get work"

Kakashi's hands waved weary behind piles of paper. The two proctors watched him worrily. After that, they saw Shizune who looked like a zombie carried another pile of paper and left it to Kakashi.

Don't ask him when the last time did he sleep. It might make his brain boil.

However, Shikamaru understood why the Hokage and his assistance must have worked though the night. This was the peakest month of the year. Especially this year, the village is going to develop rapidly. A number of projects were presented to the Hokage. He did busy but it's not just him. It's same as everyone. So, that's why Shikamaru and Temari had no any assistance in this preparation of Chunin Exam.

And it had a ton of paperwork... with the two jounins.

"You're dismissed."

"Yes, sir." They turned around to the door.

"Oh! guys, The first deadline is tomorrow morning."

"...Ehhh!?"

---------