Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Mr. Petrovaa

"Davina!  Davina! Can you hear me? Open this door right now young lady, or so help me Moon Goddess I will break it down!" I heard my mother yelling on the other side of my door in the morning.

I groaned out, and sure enough I heard a sigh of relief on the other side, she thought I'd been sleeping and I'm sure she had been worried when I didn't answer for what must've been the millionth time, but the groan must have satiated her desire to come in my room and bust me for sleeping in too late.

I looked around, confused at what was going on.  It was morning already?  I remembered having a nightmarish vision and then having those pains, oh Goddess, the pains were unlike anything I'd ever felt before.

I wish I'd never met my true mate, then none of this would have ever happened in the first place!

I quickly got up and got dressed in black skinny jeans, black knee high heeled boots, and a low cut white top that criss crossed in the middle showing off ample cleavage.  Just because I didn't have a mate anymore didn't mean that I didn't need to attract the male species anymore.  I took a peek at my reflection, haunted by what I saw.

It would be a day for the contacts.  The usual moonlight glow my eyes got after a vivid nightmare, or vision, was often too much for anyone to handle.  My eyes glowed eerily white, like the light from a full moon.  It was creepy, to say the least.

I popped in my blue contacts and put concealer on underneath my eyes to cover up the bags left there by my little to no sleep, and finished my morning routine and was met with a glowering Vincent on the other end of my bedroom door.

Before I could fully form a scowl on my face, his eyes furrowed in confusion, he was staring at something on the side of my forehead.  I furrowed my own eyebrows and put my hand to my head where he was looking, thinking I might've had a bug on my face but when I felt something warm and sticky on my hand, I withdrew it quickly and saw my scarlet red blood painted on my skin.

I put my hand back to stop the bleeding and rushed back into my bathroom to dab at the wound with some paper towels, Vincent following in behind me like he owned the place and I was thankful that werewolves didn't necessarily have regular periods, so to speak, otherwise my bathroom trash would have been particularly embarrassing.

"Vincent get out of my bathroom," I said to him, annoyed at what he was doing.

"Sure thing princess, but not before you tell me what kind of circus you were running in here all night last night," he said to me and I was taken aback by that odd answer.

"Excuse me? I have no idea what you're talking about," I said to him, knowing he couldn't have possibly heard what happened last night.  The walls were pretty much sound proof unless you were on the same floor, werewolf hearing was taken into consideration when the castle was built. 

Plus, there was only one other room on my floor, and it was reserved for when someone else's room was under construction or being remodeled or something of that nature.

"First the crying, then the singing, which was way too loud by the way, then there's the screaming like from a nightmare, then screaming like you're in the worst pain of your life, then you're telling your guard its just a nightmare, screams continue, then a big bang, then nothing. So spill, what is your deal, princess?" he asked me, and I braced my hands against the side of my sink, angry that he had heard so much.

"If you cared to have known so much, why didn't you just come and see for yourself?  And why are you staying on my floor anyway?" I asked him.

"Mine's being remodeled.  Something about mold in the bathroom.  You never answered my question, and because I'm not a weird stalker.  You have guards, if you were hurt they would have helped you," he said, and while it made sense, it still didn't make me feel any better that we were now sharing the same floor.  It made me uneasy to say the least.

"Well if you must know, I was having a nightmare, then I tripped and fell and hit my head, and then I just woke up and it was morning.  The end, nice enough story for you?" I asked him, not wanting this conversation to go on for any longer than it already had.

"Interesting.  But you never answered about the crying and the singing," he said to me, and I was so tired of his annoyance.

I made my way out of the bathroom, closing my doors and turning off the lights behind me, and Vincent followed me, why he was so desperate to get answers was beyond me.

"That's because it is none of your business," I said to him.

"Oh contrare, your parents have reassigned Kace to one of your younger brothers and now I am your personal bodyguard.  Won't this be fun?" he said to me, his face emotionless and cold and I wanted to fall face first into the dresser.  Again.

"You have got to be kidding me," I said, taking in a deep breath and trying to calm my erratic heart.

"No kidding here, and yes, I would rather be the bodyguard of a royal horse than the Princess of all high and mighty, but we don't really get a say in the matter, now do we, Princess?" he asked me mockingly and I really just wanted to wipe that cold smirk off of his face.

I wanted to slap him more than I'd ever wanted to slap anyone in my entire life, but I also didn't want to stoop down lower than his level. If he wanted to play all smirks and sarcasm and cold, I could do the same. I could outsmart the smirkster. Was that even a word? I would make it one, I was the damned princess, I could do that right?

"And I'd rather my bodyguard be flushed down the toilet and sent to drown at sea, but here we are, no such luck. Now, are you going to escort me to school or bore me to death with your incessant badgering?" I asked him, narrowing my eyes in his direction.

He smirked again. AGAIN! Could he get anymore devilishly annoying? If he did, I might have to stab myself in the eyeballs because looking at his physique all day would drive me to do terrible things...

One thought of my mate that I needed to reject sent me spiraling back to reality. I could tell that Vincent caught on to my sudden mood change but he didn't say anything, instead, he wiped his face of all emotions and we walked downstairs together where we were greeted by Amelia.

Thank Goddess, a friendly and familiar face. I didn't know what I'd do with her.

"Hey girly! So I have some intel on the three wolves voted in!" she said to me and it was the first exciting piece of news I'd heard all day.

"Good, spill!" I said to her and she smiled, happy that I was just as excited about this as she was.

"Well, the wolves that are brother and sister's last name is Miroslav, and the other one is actually considered to be a little bit dangerous! He's dark and mysterious, perfect for our plan. His name is Demetrei Valentine, a Lycan and his parents were the founding members of the Order of the Lycans. Sound perfect enough for the plan?" she said in a hushed tone, but it was loud enough that Vincent could hear, and the second I heard the last name Miroslav, I stiffened.

"Y-yeah perfect. But I already crossed one of those people off my list yesterday, sorry about that..." I said scratching my neck.

"What?! I thought we said no name crossing until you told me! Who and why?" she asked me and Vincent piped up on that question.

"Well she crossed me off, obviously, and the other dude, Miroslav, because he's already mated," Vincent said, and he was only half true.

I nodded, not caring to correct him, but I would tell Amelia the truth the next time I was alone with her.

"Hmm, well we can still be friends with him and his mate, can't we?" She asked me and I said the resounding, "No!" back to her too quickly for it not to be suspicious.

"Okay..." She said to me, drawing out the last letter of her word, showing how confused she was by my outburst.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to shout. Its just, he wasn't all that welcoming yesterday, seems like an ass. We should probably steer clear of him, just in case," I said, hoping she would accept that answer and move on and thankfully she did.

It was Vincent, however, that didn't let it go, and that was what terrified me.

icon lock

Show your support for Kristen Oldham, and continue reading this story

by Kristen Oldham
@kristentaylor16
Davina's soulmate rejects her, but he has no idea she is his future q...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 41 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @kristentaylor16.