Because Love Hurts 2

ATTENTION: do not read unless you have read the original book it can be found on my wall.

It's been a month since the incident and I was finally allowed to return to school. I stepped out the shower and stared into the mirror. The cuts and bruises that tainted my face had healed. My honey brown hair dripped down to frame my face and showed off my new blonde highlights. I watched as my hand reached up to graze the scar on my chest. My pointer finger gently traced the L shaped battle scar. Flashbacks of the nightmare hurtled through my mind.

The gym. The gun. The tree house. Bailey. Cameron.

All these things forced their way back into my brain until the ring of a phone snapped me out of it. I glanced at my alarm clock.

It was 7 a.m.

Who could possibly be calling me up this early.

I snatched the phone off the sink and smiled as I looked at the caller I.D

"Hey baby." a drowsy voice said when I picked up.

"Hey Chance." I replied my smile audible.

"I was just calling to let you know I'm picking you up to take you to school. I know you take days to get ready so I'll be there by 8." he said and I could picture him smirking.

"I do not take days!" I said gasping dramatically.

"What ever you say princess just be ready everyone misses you." he said chuckling at my acting.

" Ok Laters baby." I spoke walking over to my closet.

"Bye love." he said before hanging up.

I tossed the phone on my bed and searched the hangers for something to wear. I pulled out a black high-low skirt and matched it with my white lace crop top. I then got on my knees and opened shoe box after shoe box until I found my white lace heel sneakers.

I quickly got dressed and waltzed to my bedroom mirror. I blew out my hair and curled it to perfection. After fixing my bangs, I observed my appearance. My scar was very visible but today I wore it as a badge.

I heard the bell ring and rushed to answer it. I slowed when I seen my mom get the door.

"Katie your boyfriend's herd!" she yelled loudly unaware of how close I was.

"I could see that Mom." I said shaking my head.

"Oh honey, I didn't see you there." she replied giggling."You two better hurry before you're late."

"Don't worry Fern I'll get her there on time." Chance smoothly interjected.

I grabbed my purse and followed him to the car.

He opened the door for me then jogged over to the drivers seat. Once inside he kissed me like his life depended on it.

"What was that for?" I inhaled trying to catch my breath.

"I just missed you." He said starting the car and driving off.

"Well a lot of people missed me but they don't kiss me like that." I pointed out.

"That's because I'll kill them if they try." he said taking his eyes off the road for a second to gauge my reaction.

My eyes grew wide and my mouth agar in shock.

"I'm joking Kay fix your face. I'm just happy you're finally mine and your finally coming back to school." he gave me his 1000 watt smile and pulled into the school parking lot.

"Ready for your first day back?" he asked rubbing my leg gently.

I looked at the familiar faces and old friends surrounding the school and waiting for us to emerge.

"Kay? It's alright she's in jail and he's in a mental health institution. They can't hurt you anymore." he cooed, rubbing my shoulder, sensing my fear.

"Yea... yea..what could go wrong." I responded after a beat unlocking my door.

••••••••••••••••

Sorry its short guys but I really wanted to release this new book early I think you guys will really enjoy the sequel.