Party Planning

I left Katie with Serena while I set up for the party that night. I still couldn't get over the fact that they were best friends now. I just felt socially awkward when I was around the two of them at the same time so I called up the boys.

"What the hell is this and what do i do with it?" Jason asked holding a balloon string between his pointer and thumb finger.

"Its what you were supposed to tie to the balloons before you let them go ass crack. " Jacob explained.

We simultaneously  looked up to see almost a hundred balloons restricted only by the ceiling with no way of returning them back down to earth.

"You've got to be kidding me Jay. You're gonna get that shit down in the morning." I said shaking me head at his slowness.

"Sometimes i really wonder how we shared the same womb and you came out so retarded." Jacob teased his brother before coming over to me.

"Shut up it was a mistake damn. Anyways what was the big secret you had to tell us Chance?." Jason asked trying to change the subject.

"Kay told me she was pregnant. I was ready to quit school to help her but she says she wants an abortion." I explained quickly less worried.

Jason let out a low whistle.

"Damn, man did you mess up. Didnt the doctor ever teach you to not be silly and wrap your willy?" Jacob responded laughing.

"I always do dude i just dont know what happened." I replied not liking the joke.

"Hey what if... nah never mind." Jacob began then trailed off

"No say it now I'm interested." I coaxed.

"I was just thinking... what if the baby isnt even yours. Like what if it's  Cameron's... i mean... he did... well you know." He stuttered  scratching his head.

I shoved him a little too hard.

"Dont joke like that Jacob." I said through  clenched  teeth.

"Hey relax dude." Jason  interjected  grabbing my arm. "It was just a thought. She's not having it anyway so no worries." He said trying to ease my nerves to no avail.

"Im sorry man I shouldn't have said anything let's  just get  on with the party 'kay?" Jacob apologized.

I snatched my arm from Jason and fumed towards the door.

"Yea I'll go get the drinks." I said walking to my car, Jacob's  theory  heavy on my mind.

Once in the car my head rested on the steering wheel and didn't move for a while.

I couldn't help but think about how helpless Katie was. About how I was just a little too late to save her. About how he didn't use protection and about how this pregnancy could very well be his doing.

A ringing interrupted my thoughts.

I picked up without checking the ID.

"Speak to me." I ordered resuming my relaxed facade.

"Please tell me you guys are almost ready. Your girlfriend is relentless." Serena begged into the phone.

"Yea I bet she is." I chuckled "Buy me three more hours?" I asked hopeful.

"You've got two. This better be the best party you've ever thrown." She replied before hanging up.

I shook my head and began my quest for beverages.