Welcome Back

I stepped out the car and adjusted my skirt in the wind. The old crew rushed me including the newly added Serena. I was bombarded with hellos, I miss you's, and hugs.

"Wussup Kay." Jacob and Jason said in unison making me smile.

" Hey Jay, Hi Jakey." I replied hugging them.

I looked at the rest of the group. I couldn't help but notice the two people missing. I felt Chance slip his fingers between mine and quickly shook the memory, resuming my happiness facade.

"I'm so glad I'm back guys!" I spoke to no one in particular.

"Us too. So glad that we're throwing a welcome back party Friday!" Serena stated clapping ecstatically.

"Awe guys that's so sweet." I said blushing at the attention.

" Actually it was Chance's idea." Serena added.

I turned to the modest boy standing next to me.

"It was nothing." He said a faint pink racing across his face."Lets go."

Inside the building, people approached me saying welcome back an few others just stared at my scar. I suddenly felt self conscious and wished I brought a cardigan.

I walked into history where I sat in my same seat as I did a few months ago.

"Welcome back Katie." Danny said from the teachers desk.

It was as if nothing changed.

That was until I found the note in my locker after school.

It was an unsigned card with Welcome Back written inside in a familiar script hand writing.

I stared in horror as the welcoming seeped through my body until I was left unwanted and unprotected.