Chapter twenty two

I stared up at my uncle as he took a swig of his beer.

The anger I felt inside me was so strong, I thought my jaw bone would break from how hard I was clenching it.

"Y/n.." Viv said warningly. She took Amelia off of me in case I blew or something.

"Uncle Joey!" The triplets shouted as they bounded to him. I stood up and went to the other entrance of the tv room.

"Babe, your mom is hilarious she was just telling me about..hey what's wrong?"

I shook my head and closed my eyes. "He's here." I muttered as I felt myself pacing in a small line.

"Who's here?" She grabbed my hands to stop me from walking.

"My fucking uncle. Who does he think he is?" I hissed before reaching out and punching the wall with the side of my fist.

"Ok relax. Come here." She pulled me to my room and sat me on the bed. "So your uncles here?"

"Yes. He doesn't show up to the funeral but thinks he can pop up at thanksgiving like everything is fine?" My leg started to bounce in anger as I thought about all the things I could do to him, and not good things.

"Maybe he was too guilty to go to the funeral?" I snapped my head up and glared at her.

"Too guilty? When you kill someone you don't shy away because of guilt, you handle that shit like an adult and face your actions head on."

"Babe he didn't intentionally mean to get into a car accident-"

"I'm sorry, why the fuck are you defending him?" I growled out as she sighed heavily. "Last time I checked, you were with me not him."

"This has nothing to do with who I'm dating." She hissed before pinching the bridge of her nose as she let out a sigh. "I'm just trying to help you see reason so you can let this anger go." She said with a softer tone as she grabbed my hand.

I scoffed and pushed past her. "Well then never become a therapist because I'm more angry now than when I first came up here." I slammed my bedroom door and jogged down the steps. 

"Dinners ready." My mom called just as I grabbed my car keys. I huffed and pocketed my keys as I went into the dining room. Nearly everyone was there except for Viv, uncle dick, and V.

"Hey loser." Viv smacked my ass she jogged to get the seat closest to the desserts. I rolled my eyes at her usual behavior before sitting at one of the four open seats.

I looked as Joey tried to sit at the head table where my father would sit.

"No." I said sternly as I quickly jumped up. "No one sits there." He rolled his eyes and swayed to the other open seat.

"What does it matter, he's dead anyways." I could hear him mutter under his breath.

I took in a deep breath and slowly sat back down just as V grabbed my hand. She smiled at me softly before sitting besides me.

"Ok, food is served." My mom came out with the help of Rebecca and Aunt Erin. They both smiled at me as they set the food down before huddling me into a hug.

"Hi baby boop." Aunt Erin said as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders and swayed me.

"Baby boop. Really?" Rebecca laughed and pecked my forehead. "We heard about your success, congrats kid!"

"Thank you." I smiled and turned to V who watched me with a smile. "Oh, this is my girlfriend Vanessa. V this is my Aunt Erin and her wife Rebecca. Rebecca is the cooler one." I stated with a shrug.