Chapter fifty five

"Babe hurry up!" I called as I fixed my collar in the mirror. We were attending this years Grammys and Envy was nominated for two awards. Two. I never thought I'd see this day come if I'm being honest.

"The babysitter said she's pulling up." That's when I heard a motocycle engine cut off outside. I furrowed my eyebrows and started to the living room.

"Blublu." Stella bounced in her playpen as she watched the pink panther on tv. I snuck up behind her before pestering kisses on her cheek. She screamed and dropped back onto her butt. I chuckled and picked her up.

"You gonna watch mama on tv tonight?" I cooed to her as the door bell ringing echoed around the house. "I think that's Choni or whatever her name was."

I sighed and pulled the door open.

"Hi, I am so sorry I'm late." I raised my eyebrow as the girl who stood in front of me...was not how I expected she would look. Her hair was brown with pink streaks and she had a leather jacket on. She was..hot.

"Yeah, no, you're fine. Um, come in." I moved to the side and let the girl walk in.

"Hi Toni, thank you so much for coming again. I know it was last minute." Vanessa walked down the stairs in her jet black dress and I'm sure if my mouth wasn't closed a little drool would've slipped out.

"Oh its not a problem. I'm always happy to help." She smiled and ran her hand over Ezra's hair. "He has so much hair."

I looked down at my watch and saw we were going to be late if we didn't leave right now.

"Their food is in the fridge and they can have those teething cookies only after meals. Marley goes into the backyard on his own to use it and his food is already out. Am I missing something?" I asked Vanessa as I grabbed her hand purse off of the couch.

She rolled her eyes and nodded. "Yes, you're forgetting to thank Toni for coming out on a school night."

I snapped and turned to the babysitter. "Right, I'm sorry. Thank you for coming out. They're pretty good babies but if you have problems just call me and I'll send Dion down here."

"You're fine Ms. Y/ln, I may not look like it but I'm pretty good with kids. You guys have fun and good luck on the awards." I thanked her before giving both of the twins a rushed kiss.

"Okay lets go, Dana will freak." I said as I opened the door.

-

"Are you serious? Hurry up, let's go!" Dana said as she ushered us into the tinted GMC. "You guys ready?" She asked before telling the driver to drive.

"Yup, are we really going to outbeat Sza though?" Vivian asked as she took a sip out of her water bottle.

I shrugged before throwing my arm over Vanessa's shoulder. "Hey, being nominated is alright with me. Winning is just a bonus."

"You'll win baby, I believe it." Vanessa said cutely before pressing a kiss to my cheek. I smiled and rubbed her arm.

"Y/n, guess who's going." Vivian smirked and leaned up before turning her phone around for me to see.